Movement, blind spots and enemy reaction times.

Started by Kavrick, February 22, 2023, 04:06:51 AM

Quote from: Night Queen on February 23, 2023, 08:20:06 PM
There is nothing about being a dwarf itself that is a good character though, it's literally just saying they are not human because of their height lol. Tyrion from Game of Thrones is an example of a well-played dwarf. That does not exist in Armageddon, because the height would automatically classify them as non-human.

Waterslides are a metaphor for having too much things given to them to make what should normally be a hard position easy, I don't know if the Tan Muark ever even had literal waterslides(?)

Hauwke "does not actually want what is, or even understand, best for the game at all." And has admitted a few times on Discord to playing in a very limited code-focused fashion, focused on giants. I think that kind of stuff is part of the problem. Back to thread topic: Why are you going to hire a group when there's a giant doing everything for free? It's not meant to be a solo game, and when people play it like that, it affects the game for everyone else. It's not dangerous enough when people are doing this commonly. Giants should in fact attract extra attention from NPCs due to the size and noise.

That's not what dwarves are, I strongly suggest you go read the helpfiles.

February 23, 2023, 11:53:35 PM #76 Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 11:56:23 PM by Night Queen
Quote from: Dracul on February 23, 2023, 11:28:11 PM
Tyrion is a human with dwarfism.

"Dwarves" in Zalanthas are evolved from darksun/dnd dwarves
That's the point. Armageddon does not allow for this, because someone short is immediately classified as a non human "dwarf" - it's exactly the kind of literally dehumanising thing that came in for criticism there. As a group with not much representation (and so considered an "acceptable target" by corporations like Disney) it seems fair to use the comments of probably the most famous actor as a good gauge, and he also was not impressed with how the snow white dwarves are each focused on just one thing.
Quote from: Dracul on February 23, 2023, 11:28:11 PMneurodivergent people
Seems more like an ignorant parody ("never will abandon that goal as long as they live") and it's a bit thoughtless to compare real people to Armageddon dwarf behavior ("because of the incredible singleness of purpose in the dwarven mind, they are usually somewhat less wise" - *ing wow)

Quote from: Night Queen on February 23, 2023, 11:53:35 PM
Quote from: Dracul on February 23, 2023, 11:28:11 PM
Tyrion is a human with dwarfism.

"Dwarves" in Zalanthas are evolved from darksun/dnd dwarves
That's the point. Armageddon does not allow for this, because someone short is immediately classified as a non human "dwarf" - it's exactly the kind of literally dehumanising thing that came in for criticism there. As a group with not much representation (and so considered an "acceptable target" by corporations like Disney) it seems fair to use the comments of probably the most famous actor as a good gauge, and he also was not impressed with how the snow white dwarves are each focused on just one thing.
Quote from: Dracul on February 23, 2023, 11:28:11 PMneurodivergent people
Seems more like an ignorant parody ("never will abandon that goal as long as they live") and it's a bit thoughtless to compare real people to Armageddon dwarf behavior ("because of the incredible singleness of purpose in the dwarven mind, they are usually somewhat less wise" - *ing wow.)

this is, again, incorrect.  People with dwarfism exist and it does not change their species.  Again I suggest you check out the help files.

February 23, 2023, 11:56:46 PM #78 Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 11:59:40 PM by Night Queen
I suggest you go read the help files - which I literally just quoted, so you obviously have not read them - and the game creation options. There's set game heights for different races.

Quote from: Night Queen on February 23, 2023, 11:56:46 PM
I suggest you go read the help files, and the game creation options. There's set game heights for different races.

I would imagine dwarfism or gigantism could be special apped via the mutant role. But this is also super off topic .
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Quote from: Kavrick on February 23, 2023, 11:59:05 PM
Quote from: Night Queen on February 23, 2023, 11:56:46 PM
I suggest you go read the help files, and the game creation options. There's set game heights for different races.

I would imagine dwarfism or gigantism could be special apped via the mutant role. But this is also super off topic .

This is correct, dwarves are not 'short humans' - they are a separate species. There have been people with dwarfism in the game, and until it was realized that it was an offensive slur 'midget' was an approved sdesc word. 

Short people are not a separate species and I don't understand how you can't see that's pretty cruel.

Quote from: Night Queen on February 24, 2023, 12:04:34 AM
Short people are not a separate species and I don't understand how you can't see that's pretty cruel.

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Dwarves

You should check out this and other files on the site, they help you understand the game world.

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Dwarves

You should check out this and other files on the site, they help you understand the game world.

Neurodivergent is an umbrella term, so it can encompass the neurotypes exhibited in dwarves and HGs (are elves and muls that different or is it culture...but I digress).

Being a human, I am not exactly like either of those races, but I highly enjoy how parts of myself can play out in them.

And I think the Bashurit are pretty neat.

Again...this thread has derailed, and the initial question has kinda been answered.
Veteran Newbie

Our dwarves are a different species.  Just like they are in Dark Sun.  Which is where a lot of our core concepts come from.

Please take your crusades elsewhere, or I will be closing the thread or deleting a whole lot of off topic posts.

February 24, 2023, 01:06:18 AM #86 Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:10:09 AM by Brisket
Quote from: Brokkr on February 24, 2023, 12:40:09 AM
Our dwarves are a different species.  Just like they are in Dark Sun.  Which is where a lot of our core concepts come from.

Please take your crusades elsewhere, or I will be closing the thread or deleting a whole lot of off topic posts.

Sorry about getting a bit mystified at that whole derail, it got away from me, I do agree with Dracul that the question has been asked and answered.