I'm sorta excited... Mul Announcement

Started by Pariah, December 06, 2022, 03:59:41 PM

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58717.0.html

Can't wait to watch them go batshit and murder their friends and families... From a distance at least.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

question for imms: Will non-muls who rage also not be able to use those commands?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: Pariah on December 06, 2022, 03:59:41 PM

Can't wait to watch them go batshit and murder their friends and families... From a distance at least.

They already DO, there was just a workaround that while raging indiscriminately, they could apparently engage in a few actions that could potential end their rage early.

Now, they will murder everything in sight, and not be able to choose (as a player) themselves to stop it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 06, 2022, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Pariah on December 06, 2022, 03:59:41 PM

They already DO, there was just a workaround that while raging indiscriminately, they could apparently engage in a few actions that could potential end their rage early.

Now, they will murder everything in sight, and not be able to choose (as a player) themselves to stop it.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

For those worrying about muls being too deadly with the incoming changes, please remember:

If you don't associate with muls, they can't hurt you.

I'm so happy muls are going to be considered actually truly dangerous now, instead of just dorff 2.0 for biggur strnghts.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Honestly this should make them as dangerous as I already assumed they were (and my limited experience with outdoors muls suggested).

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 07, 2022, 09:19:07 PM
Honestly this should make them as dangerous as I already assumed they were (and my limited experience with outdoors muls suggested).

For real, I didn't even know they could suppress themselves this way.

NPC Muls.
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

Quote from: LidlessEye on December 08, 2022, 12:03:04 AM
NPC Muls.

Fuck YES.

Can you imagine the chaos if the NPC Muls start tweaking out in cities?  Also would be nice if they set them to permadeath non respawning.

Then muls would be really rare!

To me, there is rarely something scarier than a well-trained mul.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Back in the olden times a mul killed a good portion of the Borsail barracks NPCs by himself and then went on to kill a heap of soldiers before dying at the west gate.

While it's _kind_ of screwy that Borsail didn't have the means to manage what should be an expected event, that's how it goes.

I never used these workarounds or saw a mul use them. So....I approve!

Quote from: Pariah on December 08, 2022, 12:16:53 AM
NPC Muls.

Fuck YES.

Can you imagine the chaos if the NPC Muls start tweaking out in cities?  Also would be nice if they set them to permadeath non respawning.

I want to be sure everyone here is on the same page.

Muls (all muls) are subject to the rage that lives inside them. The best breeding houses use SECRET KNOWLEDGE and TECHNIQUES to manage this rage, it is how they became so specialized.
The issue here is that PC Muls had found a way to stop this rage condition earlier than intended, so that the risk was minimized.
Staff took away the ability to mitigate that risk.

Muls are still scary. They still rage out. NPC. PC. vNPC. It happens to all of them that are not managed properly.

Let me put it this way. Muls are furniture. They are a table. They are not people, or living things. They are tools, that sometimes begin to breakdown if you do not care for them. Some tables found out they could repair themselves before they broke down during dinner. Now, if they begin to wobble they WILL break.

Quote from: Riev on December 08, 2022, 08:47:07 AM
Quote from: Pariah on December 08, 2022, 12:16:53 AM
NPC Muls.

Fuck YES.

I want to be sure everyone here is on the same page.

Muls (all muls) are subject to the rage that lives inside them. The best breeding houses use SECRET KNOWLEDGE and TECHNIQUES to manage this rage, it is how they became so specialized.
The issue here is that PC Muls had found a way to stop this rage condition earlier than intended, so that the risk was minimized.
Staff took away the ability to mitigate that risk.

Muls are still scary. They still rage out. NPC. PC. vNPC. It happens to all of them that are not managed properly.

Let me put it this way. Muls are furniture. They are a table. They are not people, or living things. They are tools, that sometimes begin to breakdown if you do not care for them. Some tables found out they could repair themselves before they broke down during dinner. Now, if they begin to wobble they WILL break.
Yeah I get they virtually can do all that, and I've seen staff animated mul freak outs.  But I'm just saying if this code applies across the board -actually- not just VNPCishly.  That will be awesome.

Can you imagine walking down Caravans way and finding a bunch of chopped up folks, and the stone carrying mul that's been there since forever is just like, "I'm sorry! I couldn't help it!"

What I'm saying is that... rage code PROBABLY affects NPCs too. You don't know that it doesn't.

All THIS code change did was make it so during a rage, it can't be ended EARLY. Muls still rage, just as they ever have. NPC. vNPC. PC. A mul is a mul, and if not taken care of they will rage.

December 08, 2022, 10:43:36 AM #16 Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 10:47:09 AM by Pariah
Quote from: Riev on December 08, 2022, 10:19:02 AM
What I'm saying is that... rage code PROBABLY affects NPCs too. You don't know that it doesn't.

All THIS code change did was make it so during a rage, it can't be ended EARLY. Muls still rage, just as they ever have. NPC. vNPC. PC. A mul is a mul, and if not taken care of they will rage.

I'm aware of what the code change does, and honestly having a player who mul rages just scramble to do (redacted thing) to stop themselves from mul raging always struck me as gamey.

I personally probably would never play a mul because I'm not the big murder hobo type player. (No shade thrown on current/past mul players but codedly, they are only really good at one thing.)

Also because of said rage, say I make a stalker mul and I'm trying to trade with Salarr Merchants somewhere and boom I kill everyone, that's bad for business heh.

Personally I had no idea you COULD scramble to <do the thing> in the first place. I do not play muls that often either, because the existence of a free mul is more depressing than a breed, and a kept mul only sounds fun in a Byn-like environment.

I want more rages.

The cynical part of me makes me think this is a change intended to make muls more dangerous in a group setting, with the aim of making thryzn the go-to martial race of choice.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 08, 2022, 05:01:21 PM
The cynical part of me makes me think this is a change intended to make muls more dangerous in a group setting, with the aim of making thryzn the go-to martial race of choice.

hahahah... that's a pretty "imaginative" theory you got there, I'm impressed.

"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

If I ever play a mindbender I'm gonna be broadcasting nine hours a day, eleven days a week about how they're puttin' something in the water to make all the muls tame.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 08, 2022, 05:37:18 PM
If I ever play a mindbender I'm gonna be broadcasting nine hours a day, eleven days a week about how they're puttin' something in the water to make all the muls tame.

I laughed so hard, I scared my cat.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 08, 2022, 10:52:52 PM

Damn, now that's the kind of laughs we need. Well played.

The thing is, I can see an intelligent but paranoid person stumbling upon or seeking out psionics, and then spreading his paranoia to "help" people.

Considers writing up my first psion app.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I haven't seen any mass mul kill/slaughter/death news yet.

Anti-climatic!

Quote from: dumbstruck on December 09, 2022, 12:50:21 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 08, 2022, 10:52:52 PM

Damn, now that's the kind of laughs we need. Well played.

Actually, Muls are just immune to that. It's everyone else that are complaint

Quote from: Pariah on December 20, 2022, 09:42:21 AM
I haven't seen any mass mul kill/slaughter/death news yet.

Anti-climatic!

There would need to be survivors for the news to spread.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

It'll just mean that muls are treated much more strictly and probably with less tolerance for idiosyncratic behaviour.

Quote from: Dan on December 08, 2022, 01:37:04 AM

To me, there is rarely something scarier than a well-trained mul.
what about an elf holding a blowgun loaded with an unpoisoned blowdart in the vicinity of a well trained mul?

Lotion wins.
Grebber - One who grebs.