How to arrange play sessions without cheating.

Started by Pariah, November 29, 2022, 01:40:10 PM

November 29, 2022, 01:40:10 PM Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:40:22 PM by Hestia
So I'm aware that if you're throwing a big shindig, you can always make a player announcement, and sponsored roles are given more leeway with this, cause that's what they are there to do, create plots and shit to do.

However, my question is if I'm just Amos the Hunter and I want to arrange with Sally the hunter who I know in game, but don't have a clanning with or any OOC info about, a time to see when we can hook up in game and coordinate playtimes.  What's the best way to do that?

Should I just OOC next time I see Sally and be like, ooc Hey I'm playing this Saturday from X to Y, you gonna be around?

Or should I ask if it's cool to get their GDB handle to PM on here (Where the staff can see the stuff if they really want to?)

Because my -least- favorite thing about this game is going through my Notepad++ and then typing this.

>contact azure
>contact blue-eyed
>contact green-haired
>contact Amos
Please be considerate both ICly and OOCly of your terminology with regards to females. Thanks. Phrase deleted. -Hestia

Wait for focus to return, repeat till I've exhausted my list.

So that's what's tricky, if you're not in a group that allows you to communicate via the GDB, I'm curious how you do it while still following the color of the law so to speak?

Is OOC communication like that ok?

Is private messages like that ok?

I just want to limit the amount of time I'm sitting in a bar with a virtual finger up my bum waiting, well asides for night time, because well the gates are closed haha.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I had mutual time arranged with me via ooc. Via GDB PM. Via a staffer asking me because a player asked them for my playtimes. All of these things are good in my opinion.

I see and participate in a lot of of

You OOC: Hey, 6ST on Sat good?

They OOC: I'm NonUS, can we do XST?

et cetera. I've had zero problems when it comes to using OOC for necessary communication. I don't give my GDB handle away, but some folk find it, and I'm quite okay with that, rarely met anyone with a different preference. To reassert this all, Dar is correct afaik, via OOC, GDB, or Staff, arranging playtimes is fine and often necessary.
You don't see that here.

Unless an RPT, I just tell people I am most commonly found at "this time of week" or "usually five days before now is the best time to find me. For RPT? Ooc 9pm est rpt let's rock!

All of these answers are fine.  Coordinating play times isn't considered cheating.  Just make sure that's the only thing you're coordinating.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev