Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

I once guarded a certain place for a little less then ten real life hours...
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I once danced around in a Templar's robes with a companion who happened to have a matching militia cloak.

We could have totally of pulled off a "Templar and his bodyguard look", from a distance.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

November 05, 2009, 08:15:39 PM #977 Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:17:28 PM by FantasyWriter
I once had a male Tuluki PC who "strutted" around in a Lirathan robe while down south, "stroking femininely at his beard."
Can't remember if he was drunk or spiced up, but it was fun.... and he had bearded in his sdesc as well. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I have difficulty visualising how one "femininely" strokes their beard.

I've pulled off four unspeakable hits in a row with a human.  :o

Roguegunslinger: Whoa.

My brag -

A line of lizards is carved atop a red sandstone wall.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on November 06, 2009, 08:43:08 AM
A line of lizards is carved atop a red sandstone wall.

:o  Moar informations, pls?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

That was the first item I wrote for this game, back in 2005 when I was a baby.  I've come to hate the main description but I always sort of treasure the statue itself for its landmark qualities.

I once narrowly missed being eaten alive by a giant.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on November 06, 2009, 09:07:29 AM
I once narrowly missed being eaten alive by a giant.

I once narrowly missed being stepped on by a giant. 'Sid mining, man... you just never know what's going to happen sometimes.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

November 06, 2009, 10:16:32 AM #985 Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:22:06 AM by Nyr
I decided to post an IC spoiler and it got removed by Nyr.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Don't post events that happened in the past year.  Those would be IC spoilers.

Failure to comply with this will result in this thread being locked and accounts being twitted for a week.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Don't get this thread locked.   >:(

I had a female character get impregnated with a noble bastard by blackmailing the noble father... and my character was disgusting.  Really disgusting.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Before the Atrium started, with my very first non-pickpocket I got to be the highest social ranking possible for a common-born nobody just by playing off peak, hanging around in clans that were mostly empty, and not dying. He had ridiculous stats and was so buffed up from sparring for over a RL year that he insta-killed pretty much everything he encountered. Realizing his political/leadership potential now that I'm comfortable with the game kinda makes me sad. :-[

With the same character I totally fucked up somebody else's carefully laid out plotline because I made OOC assumptions and was getting bored. I'm sorry! I still feel really bad about it, but I was a kid back then.

For the 10 or so years that I've played this game I have only ever joined one noble house so that I could preserve an us vs them attitude in intra and inter-city politics. I have serious OOC loyalty.

that was more like an anti-brag.

Bragging?  I played a bunch of phenomenally non-uber, non-politically important characters who I can reasonably hope contributed a lot to the atmosphere of the game.  Playing off and on since the 90s, albeit rather off lately, that's what I remember fondly.

Tackled the difficult problem of how to contribute to game atmosphere while being a xenophobic Blackwing by trying to be seen skulking about in the tablelands and environs by every PC who entered it for about multiple RL years, and to act as cantankerously as possible when engaged.  Tackled the difficult problem of how to maximally contribute to game atmosphere when this kind of behaviour leads to violence by scalping and de-handing defeated opponents rather than killing them.

I tried to replicate the effect with different attempts at nomad characters, that had the RP advantage of not needing to be quite so distant with people, but the distinct code *dis*advantage of being alone and not having desert elf mobility, which tended to lead to death when I tried to play them entirely in the desert.  Still, I had some wonderful moments of sitting out with strangers on my rug, sharing drinks with them, and receiving tales and trinkets in exchange for guidance and protection in between cities.

A ridiculously long time ago I played certainly one of the first mul slaves, or at least a mul who pretended to be a slave in public with the human who freed him, and who used this pretense to pretend to be a noble.  We successfully taxed many people, and imperiously give people orders which they usually followed.  He would beat me sometimes as part of the show, and I would muse about killing him on the spot.

These sorts of little, wonderful atmospheric moments are I think what really makes Armageddon spectacular.  I hope the people I bumped into in these ways enjoyed them as much as I did.

I remember when Luirs and Tuluk were both occupied by Allanak.

I remember the tidal wave that destroyed red storm.

I remember when mantis used to roam southwest of Allanak in the dusty plains.

I remember when dual wield was the only style anybody ever used, and all a shield ever did was make an 'extra' hit location.

I remember when Blackwing were the only tribe in the tablelands.

I remember when Kadius was the superpower of the north.

I remember two black and white muls in red storm.

I remember when finding defiler ash was as common as mount poop nowadays.

I remember when ALL armor had "new" appended to the beginning, it's how you could tell armor from clothing.

Lots of other stuff too.

I destroyed an entire clan compound in Red Storm. Shit was so cash.

A super suite GDB lady drew a picture of an ex-character of mine (it's submitted and on the website) because I bought her a drink at an APM...

Or maybe she just thought I was cool.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

It's been a year now, or so.

I had a thief named Zan with AI agility <-- yeah. He accidentally attacked a Warlord. Whups! Died in the arena peacefully.

It's been over a year and he only lived for like a week anyway.

I once played "the man with the uncanny moustache" and his mdesc likened him to a cactus covered with hair.

I'm really proud of that. Like. Disproportionately so.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

It's been over a year.

I once played a character known as "The Amazing Amos" that would have started a rock band, had I not stored for a cooler role.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on November 06, 2009, 05:13:22 AM
I've pulled off four unspeakable hits in a row with a human.  :o

Hah.

I've technically pulled that off with an elf. That's very technical though!

EDIT: He also had below average strength. The truth revealed when 1.0 dies!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I once had a character who bred slugs.

I've used = (sdesc's/yours) in an emote. So pro.