Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: jstorrie on December 08, 2010, 04:53:06 PM
Bryn lost his mind at that party.

This was unfortunately for him very early in his life as a PC, too.
He'd promised to take my pc to that party. Then he took it back.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I played Axel and Venom, most notably.
Amor Fati

December 08, 2010, 10:11:55 PM #1752 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:31:26 PM by Archbaron
Quote from: Fnord on December 08, 2010, 10:08:22 PM
I played Axel and Venom, most notably.
I remember being around Venom on my Dune Stalker who was incognito as a Sand Jakhal, and we were all at the oasis together role-playing up a storm! My elf and Mad Moon plotted endlessly to get you, but we never could. :) Awesome character.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I think you should edit your post. I didn't know that was possible, and I've been here over 8 years.

I was Kraths Bull back in the Elan Pah days. And years before that was Gareal who was the White Rantarri servant, God I love me some D elfie
craft pain pills  Dr pepper
You make a idled character

Quote from: a strange shadow on December 08, 2010, 10:19:51 PM
I think you should edit your post. I didn't know that was possible, and I've been here over 8 years.
Yeah, my bad!
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: a strange shadow on December 08, 2010, 10:19:51 PM
I didn't know that was possible, and I've been here over 8 years.

Wuahahaha the legend continues.  :-X
Amor Fati

Quote from: allieday1 on December 08, 2010, 10:25:37 PM
I was Kraths Bull back in the Elan Pah days. And years before that was Gareal who was the White Rantarri servant, God I love me some D elfie

You're in so many of Venom's bios.
Amor Fati

Quote from: hyzhenhok on December 08, 2010, 03:58:37 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on December 07, 2010, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Ender on December 07, 2010, 10:18:00 AM
I played Elithan Winrothol.

This is a line from his initial biography written in Dec 2002:

"for he is still very young."

Ha!

My app for Raul was basically me going "LET ME PLAY THIS FUCKING BYN ROLE!!!!1111!!" and "I don't know what he looks like but he has a mustache, that's for sure."

The initial accepted background included the bit: "Years of training have made his body powerful, and years of hardship have made him grizzled as fuck."

As you can see, I -always- take great pains to develop the myriad layers of my complex characters.

Weren't you going to post how low your HP got, when you emoted "breathes his last" but didn't die?

All thanks to my "experienced" medic character nearly banda-killing Raul.

Was this at least year ago? I can't remember, so probably? ;)

Either way, some of the most fun I've had in the Byn. Raul was pure badass.

Quote from: Rhyden on December 08, 2010, 11:48:35 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on December 08, 2010, 03:58:37 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on December 07, 2010, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Ender on December 07, 2010, 10:18:00 AM
I played Elithan Winrothol.

This is a line from his initial biography written in Dec 2002:

"for he is still very young."

Ha!

My app for Raul was basically me going "LET ME PLAY THIS FUCKING BYN ROLE!!!!1111!!" and "I don't know what he looks like but he has a mustache, that's for sure."

The initial accepted background included the bit: "Years of training have made his body powerful, and years of hardship have made him grizzled as fuck."

As you can see, I -always- take great pains to develop the myriad layers of my complex characters.

Weren't you going to post how low your HP got, when you emoted "breathes his last" but didn't die?

All thanks to my "experienced" medic character nearly banda-killing Raul.

Was this at least year ago? I can't remember, so probably? ;)

Either way, some of the most fun I've had in the Byn. Raul was pure badass.

I remember he once danced in the Azure Dragon
"I got your back, Runner. It's dancin' time."
And then one of his emotes included the phrase "his crappy dance".
Before I ended up giving a half-giant advice that got him attacked/jailed, and me yelled at. :(

Speaking of the Elan Pah days.  I played the best water gavram ever.  ;)  Ask allieday.  Sun's Tear.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Speaking of the Elan Pah days.  I played the best water gavram ever.  Wink  Ask allieday.  Sun's Tear.
Indeed, Those was some of the best days and I still to this day tell of those stories to friends and family here.
craft pain pills  Dr pepper
You make a idled character

Quote from: Marshmellow on December 09, 2010, 05:00:52 AM
Speaking of the Elan Pah days.  I played the best water gavram ever.  ;)  Ask allieday.  Sun's Tear.

I might have been the worst gavram ever (depending on how that is actually determined). Then again, it's something of a brag to be accepted by the Sun Runners as a drovian.

Quote from: palomar on December 09, 2010, 12:15:41 PM

I might have been the worst gavram ever (depending on how that is actually determined). Then again, it's something of a brag to be accepted by the Sun Runners as a drovian.

Man, those were some fun times... Krath's Bull, Midge, Khortoc, Ankha, Shattered, Sands, Kija, Treya, Dancer, Tola, Stare, Falcon, Sun's Tear, Coban, Prophet, Speaks Twice, Lo'Ren, Fafad, Janus... so many more, but I have to comb through logs some more.

Quote from: Winterless on December 09, 2010, 02:26:56 PM
Quote from: palomar on December 09, 2010, 12:15:41 PM

Man, those were some fun times... Krath's Bull, Midge, Khortoc, Ankha, Shattered, Sands, Kija, Treya, Dancer, Tola, Stare, Falcon, Sun's Tear, Coban, Prophet, Speaks Twice, Lo'Ren, Fafad, Janus... so many more, but I have to comb through logs some more.

I once told this story to Dancer:

"You can't possibly understand what the destruction of Tuluk meant to us.  Seventy-thousand people dead in an instance, you just can't understand what that means.  Perhaps this story will enlighten you:

About fifteen years after, a young Tuluki woman was sitting at a bar talking to a Muark.  The Muark woman was telling her a anecdote, but it was becoming clear the Tuluki woman wasn't following her well, so the Muark said 'Well, you know how cousins can be.'  The Tuluki woman just responded 'No, I dont'."

Dancer was silent for a long time and then just said "That's... a very sad story."
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Nahkt, Flower...does anyone remember Flower? The assorted Malarn stumpies, the White Rantarri - I still wish Tola could've hopped on his back and ridden him around, heh. She thought he was the bee's knees though, and he tolerated her company on several occasions.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 09, 2010, 03:04:32 PM
Nahkt, Flower...does anyone remember Flower? The assorted Malarn stumpies, the White Rantarri - I still wish Tola could've hopped on his back and ridden him around, heh. She thought he was the bee's knees though, and he tolerated her company on several occasions.

I remember Flower, very well played! And Nahkt too, of course! I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the first lady that ran around with Nahkt, Gingi? Maybe? I always assumed that the White Rantarri was an imm, but of course, when I knew him it was past his hey day.

Quote from: Winterless on December 09, 2010, 03:06:54 PM

I remember Flower, very well played! And Nahkt too, of course! I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the first lady that ran around with Nahkt, Gingi? Maybe? I always assumed that the White Rantarri was an imm, but of course, when I knew him it was past his hey day.

I'm pretty sure Ginji or similar was the fake name Tola gave people she didn't know well. Tola was with Nahkt from the time they were both Mercenaries until her assassination. The White Rantarri was one of those "oh how awesome" things in the game. I assumed it started out as just a normal character, played by an IMM (their own personal PC since IMMs get to play too), and eventually became an avatar. I never learned one way or another but it's what I gathered. Another brag: my human, non-tribal Tola had a run-in with the White Rantarri, in the tablelands, while he was in his "original" form, and he let her live, without incident.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 09, 2010, 03:19:43 PM
Quote from: Winterless on December 09, 2010, 03:06:54 PM

I'm pretty sure Ginji or similar was the fake name Tola gave people she didn't know well. Tola was with Nahkt from the time they were both Mercenaries until her assassination. The White Rantarri was one of those "oh how awesome" things in the game. I assumed it started out as just a normal character, played by an IMM (their own personal PC since IMMs get to play too), and eventually became an avatar. I never learned one way or another but it's what I gathered. Another brag: my human, non-tribal Tola had a run-in with the White Rantarri, in the tablelands, while he was in his "original" form, and he let her live, without incident.

Must be remembering Ginji from when they first met, because in my bios she's in there as Tola... and mentioned several times. :)

And there was One Red Berry, who was a pretty cool PC. I always thought that Goldberry was his player, just because of the names.

Quote from: Winterless on December 09, 2010, 04:36:28 PM
And there was One Red Berry, who was a pretty cool PC. I always thought that Goldberry was his player, just because of the names.

I wish I could take credit, then at least I'd have something interesting to post to the brag thread!
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

More bragging, less remembering old characters. :'(
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I still have every email I have rever received from this game.

They total:
11,589 emails.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

I've kept all my logs from my 3rd character onward.

My logs directory is 215 MB.

I've finally been around long enough to recognize someone in a log.