Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Chettaman on January 04, 2010, 04:29:04 AM
I remember I had a pretty successful PC live in the wilderness once... sort of.
He would protect the animals that lived around him. Funny... I just realised something hilarious about how he died.
too IC though.

I've had two PCs that, after spending my starting sid, never stepped foot into a settlement.
Ranger win.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 04, 2010, 04:49:15 AM
He would protect the animals that lived around him. Funny... I just realised something hilarious about how he died.
too IC though.

I've had two PCs that, after spending my starting sid, never stepped foot into a settlement.
Ranger win.

Ranger -wyn- ... my good man.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

too IC though.

Ranger win.

Now do it again after junking your starting 'sid.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on January 04, 2010, 07:09:38 AM
too IC though.

Ranger win.

Now do it again after junking your starting 'sid.

Sounds fun... probably with a properly statted dwarf or a mul, though.  Pretty hard to barehand/naked pretty much anything in Zalanthas.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Easy.

Any race ranger/weaponscrafter/merc/rebel/nomad/archer/hunter and I could be fully equipt and solvent in 6 hours played.

Any other sub if you want a slight bit of challenge.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

too IC though.

Ranger win.

I dunno how you do that. That's far too much solo RP for me. I need lots of other peoples. That's why I play Arm.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on January 04, 2010, 10:31:00 AM
too IC though.

Ranger win.

I dunno how you do that. That's far too much solo RP for me. I need lots of other peoples. That's why I play Arm.

The wastes aren't as isolated as you would think ;) The Known World is pretty small. You have to be -trying- and be a bit lucky to not accidently run into people outside the city.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

too IC though.

The animals killed and ate him when you fell linkdead?

I run into more people out in the wastes than I do in taverns.

Quote from: a strange shadow on January 04, 2010, 11:29:24 AM
I run into more people out in the wastes than I do in taverns.

I've never had one of my rangers not run into people, even in the deepest corners of the not-so-known world.

I'd be hard pressed to say I ever went more than 12 hours played without encountering at least one PC.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Many years, and many characters ago, when I was still quite a newbie, I found a fancy looking wagon outside the (old) western entrance to the 'Rinth.  I popped myself inside and found it was the bank wagon and there was an unarmed NPC guard in there.  Confident that my newly created warrior I had kicked ASS, I attacked the guard in the wagon and killed him, then tried to rob him but found no money whatsoever.  Not wanting to be a 'newbie' missing a golden opportunity, I made the (clearly newbie) decision to steal all of the guards clothes and armor and to wear it while I strutted around town.  Little did I know that most people around town were familiar with the attire of the Nenyuk guards...this prompted many odd looks as I paraded around town, decked out head to toe in gleaming white tembo-hide, carrying my trusty bone-studded pack.  Needless to say, my poor character got hauled off to jail for that one...

There was also the time my character, probably my 2nd or 3rd one, discovered the message boards in the taverns.  There I was in the busy Gaj, striking up a conversation with someone about something I'd learned from the board, feeling like a real RPer and everything.  When they asked where I had heard this I exclaimed that I READ it on the board.  I proceeded to stand and point at the board, telling this person over and over that I read it over there.  It wasn't until every person in the room was staring at me that I stopped my insane ranting and started to wonder if they all knew something that I didn't....-knocks herself on the head- READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!

Quote from: manipura on January 11, 2010, 04:49:26 PM
There was also the time my character, probably my 2nd or 3rd one, discovered the message boards in the taverns.  There I was in the busy Gaj, striking up a conversation with someone about something I'd learned from the board, feeling like a real RPer and everything.  When they asked where I had heard this I exclaimed that I READ it on the board.  I proceeded to stand and point at the board, telling this person over and over that I read it over there.  It wasn't until every person in the room was staring at me that I stopped my insane ranting and started to wonder if they all knew something that I didn't....-knocks herself on the head- READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!

Haha...that's funny.

This is the bragging thread, not the hall of shame thread:  http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,31907.0.html
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I killed one of X-D's Mundanes and he doesnt even know it  :D
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

You wish.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on January 11, 2010, 11:27:36 PM
You wish.

All will be revealed after 1.0!
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

January 13, 2010, 10:15:43 AM #1167 Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:28:35 AM by Ghost
back in 2005 quick was just an elf back then and was a trader in allanak

there was this tressy tressed woman in bard's barrel upstairs

quick came in and started bothering her with "you want to buy this?  only 10 sid.. no?  what about this?  25 sid" he was really selling cheap stuff (probably stolen)

the woman said "i want to buy a freshly cut elf finger"

quick looked at his hand for a second and then looked back at her "300 sid"

the woman got mad at him and stormed off

not my brag but i dont think there is a lot of folks who would remember how quick was back in those days
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on January 13, 2010, 10:15:43 AM
back in 2005 quick was just an elf back then and was a trader in allanak

there was this tressy tressed woman in bard's barrel upstairs

quick came in and started bothering her with "you want to buy this?  only 10 sid.. no?  what about this?  25 sid" he was really selling cheap stuff (probably stolen)

the woman said "i want to buy a freshly cut elf finger"

quick looked at his hand for a second and then looked back at her "300 sid"

the woman got mad at her and stormed off

not my brag but i dont think there is a lot of folks who would remember how quick was back in those days

That is awesome.

I heart quick...Such a nasty motherfucker, but had a heart of gold (or possibly lack thereof) once you got to know the bugger.

EDIT: ok ok, heart of gold is definently the wrong statement :P

I survived Quick. Thats my brag.
Free your hate.

Ok, time for a real brag.

I had a character that has, to my knowledge, three permanent monuments to him in game.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on January 15, 2010, 05:45:37 PM

I had a character that has, to my knowledge, three permanent monuments to him in game.

You forgot to put </badass> at the end of your post.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Nah, 'cause Ender doesn't stop being badass.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Nile on January 15, 2010, 05:28:23 PM
I survived Quick. Thats my brag.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ender on January 15, 2010, 05:45:37 PM

I can only think of two places where these monuments exist. Must be one in a super secret place I'll have to garner access to.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.