Xena?

Started by Buxom But Deadly, November 22, 2003, 08:04:25 PM

Ok, with a lot of discussion that seems to revolve around F-Me PC's and their use(less)fulness in the the game, as opposed to what they contribute, I had a topic I wanted to bring up for discussion.

I saw the quote in a former thread about more Xenas in the game.

But is it possible for a Xena to exist, with the way a lot of F-Me PCs seem to be discriminated against oocly?

I've never really seen an actual Xena in the game that I can remember. I don't mean a scantily clad uber warrior, but more or less a PC who's description could be considered F-me, while the character itself is actually portrayed in the fashion of a strong warrior, while still managing to be the beautiful female that she is.

I logged in as a guest to keep anyone from figuring things out in game, but I'm trying the whole Xena thing now with a current character, and I am liking the results so far. So in effect with it all, I'm having to go against the grain that I see so much about all F-me descriptions being people trying to rise to the top through sex, or horny men-freaks trying to get their rocks off with playing an F-Me female PC.
While the offers have been more than abundant, my PC has avoided jumping in the sack with people in power that could affect her advancement, pretty much shrugging off the advances like a noble would shrug off a Commoner's bragging of riches, and is still managing to go places.

From everyone elses experience, who might have tried for a ,Xena' character, did you find it hard to advance without mudsexing/F-2-B'ing those in power? And for those who never have, do you think it'd be a rough thing to do, especially having to shake off the IC(and sadly, sometimes OOC) stigma of "She's hot, she's definitely kanking the Noble in charge if she's where she's at!"

-Xena PC
-Who hopefully made sense in this post!

Xena's beautiful???

have you seen the show???

heh...

Xena was also a lesbian so it changes the conventional sense of F-me PC.

But there is a VERY large difference between an attractive description, and the way they play their character.

If your description is something akin to "Sunshine and gumdrops blahblah large comely blahblah round and appealing blahblabhlahblah" and then go around hacking off heads and dining on their innards I don't think anyone is going to call you an F-me pc.

I personally don't see any problems with people playing Xena type characters, or whatever they like. Everyone's here to enjoy themselves, so let them.

Honestly, I would LOVE to recruit one or two competant female warriors for my clan. I think it would help RP immensely, and the women who have joined in the past have been promoted more or less at the same rate as the men. But female warriors seem to be extremely rare, and the VERY few I've run into either haven't lived that long or haven't really RP'd like warriors. Those that have, I haven't treated any differently than the men. Get results, get recognition. Impress me with your RP, not the heave of your bosoms or armor by Victoria's Secret.

Not that heaving bosoms or Victoria's Secret armor is BAD, mind you. But don't expect me to take you seriously as a warrior just because of them.  :wink:

I just hope that her description portrays the necessary consequences of a warrior's profession, which doesn't necessarily preclude beauty.

A heavily tanned woman can still be beautiful, and minor scarring might be difficult to notice.  Major scarring could make an already charismatic and beautiful woman seem more worldly or mysterious.  I don't pretend to understand a woman's desire to have her PC be beautiful, but all I'm really trying to say is that a clever player can combine beauty with realism, and avoid the steriotypical and unrealistic pale-skinned, perky-breasted warriors, perhaps with little or no muscle mass.
Back from a long retirement

I don't think there's anything wrong with being both strong and sexy.

The only time that it really becomes problematic for me is when someone tries to make a character that is not only very strong and very sexy, but also very everything else.  One who can be a fearsome warrior, a master assassin, a loyal servant, an astute advisor, a savvy merchant, an undetectable spy, and a good time in bed all in one.  Sure, be more than one of those things, but no one is perfect and there should always be things your character can't do or isn't well suited to.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Women come in all shapes and sizes. In a world like Zalanthas, you can expect folks to not fall for a woman or man simply because of beauty, unless the person doing the woeing is well-off and can afford to have a useless piece of meat running around.

The most desirable women will be those who occupy a niche in some common field. Maybe a merchant, clothier, fighter, ranger, armor-crafter, etc. Many of these women will not be pretty. They may be hulking, strong-jawed women, or small-breasted, narrow-hipped women, who are simply making their way along. Those few who are efficient and pretty will, of course, likely be the prime choice.

Your description is your description. Expect folks to treat you like your description states you should be treated until such a time as you have proved yourself. Expect to work doubly hard for respect.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I really dont care what people want to do, so long as they keep it realistic, with that i mean, you can have great breasts if you want to be a warrior also, but dont have them huge, well, you can but RP with it, RP having an odd swing since your breasts roll under your armpits (no bras) A warrior is gonna have a scar or two, and some scars can be very sexy.
Just remember the female body is build for childbirth, so keep it all in check big boobs? your gonna have wider hips. Also keep in mind, if your TOO muscular your breasts also become muscled, ever seen female body builders? *shudders* Just keep it realstic.

Maybe im bias, i always loved the tiny framed soldiers and mercs struggling to climb there way up, forced to do it on pure skill, speed and wicked tough attatudes over good looks  big breasts or strength, since they lack it. Maybe those who know who i am get my meaning.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I think it is A-ok to have a character (male or female) who lives by the sword, but whose main description does not  go out of it's way to point out disfiguring scars, bent nose, cauliflower ears, broken teeth, and other likely results of frequent fighting and sparring.  May they are young or lucky.  Maybe they wear good armor.  Maybe their worst scars are on parts of the body usually covered by clothing.

I assume that all characters have a few scars unless their description specifically states that they have flawless, scar-free skin.  Just cooking over an open fire and working with stone tools will lead to a few small scars on your hands and arms.  Most commoners have probably been poorly shod or shoeless at some point in their lives, so a few scars on the feet are likely too.  You can get scars on your knees and shins simply by falling or bumping into things.

When the scar guy first appeared in the hall of kings I'd put a few scars on the hands and arms of all my characters, feet too if they were poor enough to have run around barefoot as a kid.  Then I decided that the equipment list was spammy enough without enumerating each small scar a commoner has, and I stopped.  Now I only bother putting on -any- coded scars if they are particularly significant or obvious ones.  Small, shallow, common scars can be left in the realm of the virtual.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Anarchy"I really dont care what people want to do, so long as they keep it realistic, with that i mean, you can have great breasts if you want to be a warrior also, but dont have them huge, well, you can but RP with it, RP having an odd swing since your breasts roll under your armpits (no bras)

Hey!  There are options other than the old over shoulder boulder holder to keep the twins in line.  Binding or wrapping the chest, a snug leather vest, or a form-fitting breastplate like the ones Xena and Wonder Woman wear.

I agree that large breasts are a problem though.  They are made mostly of fat, and the same chemicals that cause you to store fat in your boobs also cause you to store fat on your hips and thighs, so a chick with natural double-Ds probably has thunder thighs too.  Of course in Zalanthas thunder thighs would be considered sexy.  :P   But the point is that you aren't going to be extreemly lean and also have gigantic boobs.  Well, not unless you have some rare mutation that causes you to store 95% of your body fat in your boobs, I suppose there are stranger mutations in the Known World.

The other problem with large knockers is gravity.  Now some folks have some done very convincing and confusing calculations to show that the apparent gravity on Zalanthas is considerably less than what we have on Earth.  It is a handy theory for explaining how insectoids get so large and arrows can fly so far.  It would also keep breasts bouncy for longer.  But sooner or later those breasts are going to sag, and the bigger they are the farther and faster they fall.  So if you don't want to be getting your nipples caught in your breechguard by the time you are 30, it's best to keep them reasonably sized.

For those of you familiar with modern American bra sizes, you are unlikely to get anything bigger than a C cup on a physically active commoner, they just don't have the food and leasure for huge fat reserves.  A B cup is more likely, and more than sufficient for most purposes.  The nice thing about a B cup size is that they will stay perky for a long time, and even when you are old they won't be dangling around your knees.  Considering how fast PCs age, the sagginess of your breasts at 30 is worth planning for.

QuoteAlso keep in mind, if your TOO muscular your breasts also become muscled, ever seen female body builders? *shudders* Just keep it realstic.

I don't think body-builder proportions are a big worry.  They are artificial, caused by dedication to sculpting a certain form, and possibly a hormone imbalance.  Simply being athletic will not result in on of those bulgy-veined mostrosities, for males or females.  But excessive athleticism, such as a person training for the olympics might engage in, can lead to extreemly low body fat.  Low body fat, whether due to too much execersize or famine, can disrupt the normal menstral cycles and hormone balance.  The results usually aren't sexy.  I don't think this is a big worry for the average warrior in Zalanthas though, because most will not try to spend 80% of their day in strenuous physical training.  Even in the byn most characters don't manage to spar continiously for the full 3 hour sparring period, and afternoon activities are not strenuous every day.  

Zalanthans are likely to be lean and wiry, not bulgy.  More like swimmers or dancers than body builders.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I am beginning to think that I am the only person who has played a female character who didn't have anything about breast size in her description...
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

There's at least two of us, Cuusardo. None of my characters have had that specified. ;)

Only one of mine had her boobs included in her desc. The other 6 haven't. Boobs are more of an "accessory" body part to me. That is to say, unless there's something worth mentioning about them, I don't mention them. Like if she was completely flat-chested..that would be something of note. Or if they were particularly large, or obviously lopsided, or if one was missing, or if she had three of them..or if it was a male character with particularly noteable pecs....

I liken the inclusion of breasts to the inclusion of fingers. They're just not noticeable unless there's something peculiar about them.

I disagree with you, Bestatte.  Breasts are more important in a description than fingers, at least.  First of all, they're a much larger body part, and much more noticeable.  Second, that information is important to some PCs, and I'm not just talking about mudsex either.  For the rowdies at the bar who feel like leering at you, it's useful to know your PCs measurements, so they know exactly what they should be leering at.  Just because someone mentions their breast size in their description doesn't mean they're looking for a text based roll in the hay.

I'll leave you with an anecdote.  There was a girl I knew, who I played basketball with.  One day, I passed the ball to her, and she jammed her finger.  That really hurts, so after a few seconds of nursing her hand she brings her considerably bent and twisted pinky finger up to my face saying, "Look what you've done!"  It turns out the finger was a family trait of hers, and it's always been that way, but I had never noticed it before.  However, I had noticed her breasts.

I'm with Gorobei...to some degree.  Breasts are noticed by men.  I should know, since I am one.  Granted, for some men, it's not the thing they look for in a woman...I'm sure everyone knows that certain physical characteristics are desired more by certain people than others.  They will still notice those features.  I try to include in every desription for my chracters an indicator of body shape, tone, features that the opposite sex would notice (breasts being a notable one for females, figure being another possible one to include), eyes (something that the both genders will notice and can be attracted to) and hair.  These are things that should and would be noticed.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The majority of the time, people's chests are covered by clothing AND big cloaks. And armor in many cases. Other than the occasional "barrel-chested" man, I don't recall ever seeing any male's chest described. And guess what kids? Us girls notice crotch-bulge. How come I never see any reference to that? Is yours big? Small? nonexistent? Does it hang left or right? What about your balls? Are they so impressive you have to wear baggy pants just to keep them from being constricted?

What's that? You never thought about putting them in a description because they're NOT ALL THAT IMPORTANT or because your body is almost always covered up so no one would see them anyway?

Well.there ya go.

It's nowhere near as noticable as a huge chest. But you keep fucking with me, I'll make me a rock-crotched, nimble-fingered man. Then all you females are in trouble. You'll not be able to resist me.

...I'm remembering mention of a 'bulging-crotched elf' somewhere, yes?

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Human, not elf. Elves and their marking-stick dicks...bah. I said man.

Right Spawnloser. A -huge- chest. One that is more noticeable than just any old normal woman's chest. That's my point, and I was pretty specific in a previous post.

If it's unusual, or obvious, or particularly different, then by all means include it, because yes, it would be noticed. Read my previous post again, and you'll see what I mean.

I don't mean unusual or such...I mean, something someone would notice, regardless of whether there is something to notice or not.  People would notice an average rack, worthy of little mention just as often as they would notice a huge one that should be in the record books.

And I disagree. When everyone starts including in their descriptions every part of their body that other people would normally notice while wearing clothes, from crotch-bulge to the length of their feet and the trim of their fingernails, I'll agree with you. Til then, I just don't think that mentioning your breast size is something I would want to do, unless I wanted to expressly and intentionally draw attention to it.

Disclaimer: If you do not appreciate the opinion I am about to express, then too bad. =P

First off, let it be known. I hate fuck-me pc's. I hate them with a passion, and I think they should all be burned at the stake for their ho-ish ways. I find it incredibly annoying that a pc with the words "breast", "beautiful", "attractive", "curvaceous", or "bootylicious" in their description can walk up to someone, talk with them, get a job, fuck them, and become rich in an IC week. It's complete bullshit. Some may argue that men are "weak". I say bullshit.

Also, to all those who seem to think women in Zalanthas are beautiful, I say this: Bullshit. My apologies, but I -honestly- cannot fathom the possibility that in a DESERT world, women are able to keep their bodies cleanly kept, antagonizing, and booty-licious. Truth be told, look at older times. Women were fucking butt-ugly, and you know it. Only the ones with title were able to afford things that aided them in appearances, and even then, it didn't help that much. ie Queen Elizabeth, anyone? =P

Conclusion: I would find it DOUBLY gayish for a woman to be a warrior, with bulbous breasts, thin hips, a scrumptuous booty, and a mean backhand. It just doesn't fit the setting IMO.

Final conclusion: Bullshit. That will be all.

QuoteAnd guess what kids? Us girls notice crotch-bulge. How come I never see any reference to that? Is yours big? Small? nonexistent? Does it hang left or right? What about your balls? Are they so impressive you have to wear baggy pants just to keep them from being constricted?

And we don't hear about camel toe, either.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

well With f'me pc's you get to wage personal wars against every other f'me pc.. especially if your into fighting. Then.. you get involved with politics.. without even knowing it, love triangles, spying, killing people in there sleep. And tons of other things like that. :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I've said this in another topic, but I'll say it again:

Being a female irl, I exclusively make female PCs, but only once in a blue moon have I made something that could be termed as a bed-me PC. I do mention something about my figure in all of my PCs - mainly general stuff about being hippy or having few or modest curves. I also usually include callouses, cooking burns, suntan and some wiry musculature from working hard most of my life.

I personally feel it's everyone's choice. I actually think we're better with the descriptions here than on some other RPI games, where I know for a fact some of those f-me PCs are males irl. Some are good, others are just there for the mudsex.

I'd *love* to see a Xena-type PC around. We need more female warriors!
laloc may be permadorked, but I am the Permadork!

Allanaki fashion is modesty foremost. No one's breasts should be showing... no one should know people have breasts. Everyone should be amorphous shape... yeah.

Quote" Allanak is a rigidly traditional society, and this has affected the city's trends in fashion throughout the years. For example, the modesty of one's attire is considered before comfort, despite the high temperatures citizens must deal with daily. "

Quote from: "Morninglight"I do mention something about my figure in all of my PCs - mainly general stuff about being hippy or having few or modest curves. I also usually include callouses, cooking burns, suntan and some wiry musculature from working hard most of my life.

Hippies are so not good RP.

Okay, so that sucked, as jokes go.

Still, there's something about a woman with sword-calluses.

(And yes, that's RL I'm talking about!)

Though Cello calluses are good, too.

:shock:

M
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I want to see an actual person named Xena with a chakram and all, and in those leather pterygyes and what not. It'd be cool to see her sidekick too. And them being lesbians would just add to the flavor. If someone ever goes for that I call that doofus that sucked at everything and usually got in the way instead of helping ... joxor or whatever.

Long live King Communism.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

I'll bet you that guy got to be a warrior princess/her lesbian partner sandwich.  Of course, that's not suitable for family viewing, so they never aired it.  Only on payperview..
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "uberjazz"I'll bet you that guy got to be a warrior princess/her lesbian partner sandwich.  Of course, that's not suitable for family viewing, so they never aired it.  Only on payperview..

Well, duh.  The guy had to be good for something, right?  I assume he was thier sex toy, and had a huge wang.

AC

I've actually taken to putting in a sentence of even just a small phrase mentioning the size of my PC's chest, ever since I had a young girl PC who was a bit behind in her development.  

It's a part of your body, maybe a large part, maybe not.  If you're playing a female, you may as well make a note of your figure's general shape.  You don't need to describe every crease and hair of the auerole, just mention "the swell" with whatever adjective, or possibly even that her figure is "boyish", "very curved", etc.  Some of you seem as if you're -offended- that someone would ever describe their PC's chest.

Just because the breasts are considered sexual, doesn't mean they should be excluded.  Also, IRL, the only times I've ever noticed a man's bulge was the customer with the huge boner (or sock) last month and the convience store customer who decided to flash me.

QuoteI've never really seen an actual Xena in the game that I can remember. I don't mean a scantily clad uber warrior, but more or less a PC who's description could be considered F-me, while the character itself is actually portrayed in the fashion of a strong warrior, while still managing to be the beautiful female that she is.

I've played one.  It is very possible to do so.  Difficult, yes, but very possible.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Heh, a former character of mine was a virgin for IC reasons, and made Byn Lieutenant. Getting ahead without mud sexing wasn't an issue at all, at all. What it did take was decent playtimes, trying to always evolve from a RP perspective (thank you to all my teachers), and good immortal support.

If, as a female, you are not naturally violent and aggresive, but want to play a character that is, try to get into that head space any way you can. My method was to often weigh, mentally, what my instincts told me to do in a situation versus "what a guy might do". The latter generally meaning something more aggresive, or more violent, and that was often the appropriate response for my bad ass bitch, it seemed.

Hehe, after a while being mean, cursing a lot, spitting, breaking things for no good reason, etc, etc, got really fun, even if the player behind the screen was cringing and chuckling the whole time. :twisted: