One clan...many clans...what up wit' dat?

Started by spawnloser, November 20, 2003, 10:16:54 PM

Same clan, different clan...what do you think?

I like mixing it up.
21 (35%)
One clan all the time.
7 (11.7%)
Whatever comes my way...either way.
32 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: December 04, 2003, 10:16:54 PM

I play Kuracageddon for the rich diversity of roles available in the House. . I mean game.   If I play a long-lived, successful northern merchant for one character and die, then I will diversify and play a long-lived successful southern diplomat for the next.  There really is only one reason to play Armageddon, and that reason sells spice to your mother.  

(pause for the Jenred effect of sarcasm-blind people posting responses)

If I knew it wouldn't matter, I would have every single one of my PCs for ever amen in one clan.   Period.   Soon as one died, I'd have another one on the application list ready to slap on the dun and log in.   That isn't good, though, and I have purposefully made characters who couldn't be in my favorite clan just to counteract the temptation.  

I want enough time to pass so that most of the PCs in a former clan have either died or moved on to other characters, nearly all of the specific plots and schemings have been resolved or forgotten, and there isn't anyone left who can connect me the player with that specific character.  

So you like playing the rainbow of affiliations, good for ya.  I'll make my loner buffer characters for transition periods.  I've yet to intentionally kill off a transition character because they inevitably end up leading rather interesting lives of their own, which makes time pass quickly.   Still, my heart is eclipsed.