Scan should appear in assess

Started by Lotion, January 19, 2022, 04:17:36 PM

Currently when someone who was not scanning starts scanning by typing "scan on" or "scan" when they were not previously scanning it will echo to the room that they start scanning and put them in a nontrivial delay. This implies it should be noticeable when someone is scanning. Amos can turn on scan before getting into a situation where it is necessary and there is no way to tell.
If someone is watching you and you assess them you can tell if they are watching you, the same should apply to scan.

+2
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

I have to go the other direction, Scan should not echo.

And no, you should not be able to tell if somebody has scan up with assess or any other method.

And how does watch apply? Watch is literally I AM STARING AT YOU. There is a reason you can see if watch is directed at you. And it is nice that it does not echo, It should not.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on January 20, 2022, 04:33:26 PM
I have to go the other direction, Scan should not echo.

And no, you should not be able to tell if somebody has scan up with assess or any other method.

And how does watch apply? Watch is literally I AM STARING AT YOU. There is a reason you can see if watch is directed at you. And it is nice that it does not echo, It should not.

Kind of agree with this poster.

Agreed, scan should be more of a passive thing.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

+3 on being a passive thing
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

I am both fine with
1: Scan becoming something you notice by assessing someone
Or
2: Scan not being something you can notice at all.
Either polar option I'm fine with