How Can We Make Military Role More Appealing?

Started by Gentleboy, November 08, 2021, 09:03:15 PM

I'm just saying... I for one would love to play a 'rinthi that takes in with an NPC criminal gang and defends them against soldiers.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

December 02, 2021, 10:11:28 AM #51 Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:21:45 AM by Inks
Just have them sign up for a 5 year tour instead of "for life" a-la roman empire tours of duty.

5 years is more than 6 months, but at least the player has a light at the end of the tunnel if it isn't for them. And also each time they sign on again pay could rise (above standard for their rank). Or just get a cool thing to put on their uniform for each extra signing.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 29, 2021, 02:26:11 PM
Due to my extensive personal experience with it, I suppose it never really occurred to me how intimidating the combat code can appear to be.

Do many players avoid playing combat roles because they don't want to take the time to learn the ins and outs and the quirks of it?

I'd suggest its not intimidating, rather, the combat code is a grind some player dont want to do on every pc, or sometimes, any.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Quote from: Inks on December 02, 2021, 10:11:28 AM
Just have them sign up for a 5 year tour instead of "for life" a-la roman empire tours of duty.

5 years is more than 6 months, but at least the player has a light at the end of the tunnel if it isn't for them. And also each time they sign on again pay could rise (above standard for their rank). Or just get a cool thing to put on their uniform for each extra signing.

+1 to limited, optionally repeatable tours of duty, I find five IG years is about how long I need for a character to become survivable as a casual player anyway.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: Inks on December 02, 2021, 10:11:28 AM

This is how it's done in the Legions, tour of duty is 4IG years.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant