Congrats, Shabago!

Started by Saiseiki, November 01, 2021, 03:22:38 PM

Just wanted to say publicly that I think this is awesome for the game.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,57368.msg1068669.html#new

Shabago and Calavera were the first two staff members I ever interacted with.  Their graciousness and patience with my newbie self was a key part of me continuing on with this game, when it all seemed completely overwhelming.  Great news. :D
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."

+1

All of our producers are great, but every time Shabago banned me I totally deserved it, which I think indicates he is a fair and even handed leader.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: triste on November 01, 2021, 03:42:47 PM
+1

All of our producers are great, but every time Shabago banned me I totally deserved it, which I think indicates he is a fair and even handed leader.

This endorsement for our fearless leader hit me right in my feelings place.  <sniff>

And agreed - Shabago is a bag o'cheezits and a whole world-wide circle of snaps.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

Old and jaded as I might be...I am all for Shab making producer...I mean don't get me wrong, if Sanvean was to come back I would be willing to kick Shab to the curb...(along with everybody else) But hey, that is not going to happen so...Woot! Go Shabago.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Yea Congrats on giving up real life at last! Sincerely, though, much appreciation for putting in the time just to keep us entertained. Cool stuff!  :)

I could have sworn Shabago already was a producer ;p
gz

Have to say I agree with all of the above. Every time I have had contact with Shabago, they are going above and beyond, so I'd say promotion well deserved, and looking forward to their work :D
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Took me a few retreads and ponderings over X-D last post.

Kill Shabago to the curb? What an odd saying. I realized he typed kick only on the third read through.

I appreciate it, all of you. I'll be making a larger post in the next day or two as well, regarding my position and some game direction.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

While my GDB bedside manner is terrible and it needs major work, I'm super happy that Shabago is going up a notch. I've always had mad respect for Shabago and Brokkr (which I often confuse the two as being the same person!) so I'm glad they are now both Producers :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."