GMH Improvement Idea Thread

Started by Gentleboy, October 27, 2021, 01:22:00 PM

Quote from: Barsook on February 12, 2022, 10:35:28 AM
I totally agree with giving the GMH leadership freedom on what roles are needed and allowing dual duties/jack of all trades. That doesn't happen in real life. Afterthought, that didn't make sense because I think doesn't happen in real life, but it would be nice for some policy change due to shrinking player-base.

I've thought about this and would agree if you look at modern corporations it doesn't track much.  But I'm thinking something more like arms dealers, drug dealers and traders in blood diamonds. Closer to organized crime or the East India Trade Company in their willingness to get their hands dirty. Those groups might all have a diverse set of people with diverse sets of skills if it helps them accomplish their goals.

March 12, 2022, 03:39:58 PM #76 Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 03:46:57 PM by Barsook
Just a thought here on freedom for the PC leadership and Divisions:

Back in the days of the Expansion Era of House Salarr pre 2010+, when there were more players playing, my question is did GMH's had more active clan members than now? Granted it's all based on the PC leadership that at time, that I'm aware that there was a larger player base. I'm just wondering if bringing back/creating new Divisions would make a difference. On the same vein, does the three playable GMH's have a Division name for the PC Leadership crews?

I'm pretty sure that all Crews were allowed to have crafters, hunters, merchants, and agents branches within said Division. Kurac is slightly different but still they have the same roles plus on unique one to them. I'm mainly looking at the agency branch, but I have a feeling that only Salarr had more lower ranks in that branch due to the Era- which I can see where SpyGuy is getting from in his post above.

Honesty after writing this, I'm not sure if allowing more freedom via branches and ranks is the way to go. More like in allowing a secondary duty when a crafter/hunter is not doing their main job.  But it would be cool if the agency branch is it's own thing but the PC leaders would still be like vending machines like the merchant branch.

I don't know...

It might just be the nostalgia of looking back at those days even though they might not be that glorious at all.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Not sure if I mentioned it yet....

but in ye olden days it was fun and we had time to gather ingredients for certain brews.

But being a responsible adult with limited play time... I just don't have the time anymore to do all that, in between roleplay, putting in and delivering orders and traveling.

The booze should be readily available. Especially wine, which needs some time to rest in casks.

Quote from: Barsook on March 12, 2022, 03:39:58 PM
Just a thought here on freedom for the PC leadership and Divisions:

Back in the days of the Expansion Era of House Salarr pre 2010+, when there were more players playing, my question is did GMH's had more active clan members than now? Granted it's all based on the PC leadership that at time, that I'm aware that there was a larger player base. I'm just wondering if bringing back/creating new Divisions would make a difference. On the same vein, does the three playable GMH's have a Division name for the PC Leadership crews?

I'm pretty sure that all Crews were allowed to have crafters, hunters, merchants, and agents branches within said Division. Kurac is slightly different but still they have the same roles plus on unique one to them. I'm mainly looking at the agency branch, but I have a feeling that only Salarr had more lower ranks in that branch due to the Era- which I can see where SpyGuy is getting from in his post above.

Honesty after writing this, I'm not sure if allowing more freedom via branches and ranks is the way to go. More like in allowing a secondary duty when a crafter/hunter is not doing their main job.  But it would be cool if the agency branch is it's own thing but the PC leaders would still be like vending machines like the merchant branch.

I don't know...

It might just be the nostalgia of looking back at those days even though they might not be that glorious at all.

Each one had a family member that was an Agent, and One that was a Merchant, and the merchant hired the crafters and handled deals, while the Agent tended to handle the more political talks.

I think we need to do something like this again.  But maybe it's just me being nostalgic. But it made life easier in a lot of ways. The Agent tended to handle the Nobles and other Merchant family members orders while the Merchant branch handles commoner orders.

I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died