2 questions

Started by amish overlord, November 16, 2003, 11:56:10 AM

I have two questions on two very diffrent subjets.
My first is wasn't there a random name generator somewhere mentioned on this board or a webpage. If anyone has a link to it would be great appreciated.
Also with world events would some new races start opening up like mantis?

Amish overlord 8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

http://www.dsl-mud.org/namegenerator.htm

It most likely wasn't the one posted previously, but it's one, so enjoy...I couldn't say about the mantis thign as I don't know
he meek shall inherit the earth, until then, slap 'em down!

Lol...first name generated by http://www.dsl-mud.org/namegenerator.htm was:

IRAN
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I kept getting "Amos"...

Yeah, just pick Amos
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

To answer your second question, AO, I don't believe there is any plans to reopen the mantis race. You can always e-mail the MUD, however, and ask if they'd accept a mantis special app. Who knows?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I'm not sure but what I heard was they will reopen (Halfling is the one I mainly heard) races, as soon as the player base gets upward, so keep coming newbs.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Quote from: "Ueda"I'm not sure but what I heard was they will reopen (Halfling is the one I mainly heard) races, as soon as the player base gets upward, so keep coming newbs.

Yeah, I think we got a long way to go before we can support a 3rd large population but it would sure be cool.

I'm apprehensive as to how the playerbase will approach it since ICly previous PCs have been warned about 'new smarter <race>' out in the wilds.  I don't know if the 'new smarter' was a reference to PCs or just more scripted NPCs versions of <race> but...

More than halflings, I'd like to see gith since their mentality seems easier to grasp than a halfling's.  And gith PCs in the desert would be awesome.  Completely and utterly awesome.

Just no mantis.  Click click, hunt, eat, click click.

CRW wrote:
QuoteJust no mantis. Click click, hunt, eat, click click.

To be fair, a halfling could do that as well. Though I see what you mean... The roleplay surrounding mantises is simply designed for twinks, and a solo-mantis would have nothing to do other than hunt, eat his fill, then drag what's left to his virtual clutch.

However, any race is abusable, espicially races like muls, half-giants and d-elves. That's what we have karma, so only people that are trusted not to twink out play them.

If the playerbase ever got big enough, the mantises would be the first race I'd like to have re-opened. They'd create a lot of conflict and competition... But only if they had a number of stable PCs, which would, I feel, deter most twinkage.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I don't think they're going to open up any iso options, since the trend for the past few months has been closing iso options.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"CRW wrote:
QuoteJust no mantis. Click click, hunt, eat, click click.

To be fair, a halfling could do that as well. Though I see what you mean... The roleplay surrounding mantises is simply designed for twinks, and a solo-mantis would have nothing to do other than hunt, eat his fill, then drag what's left to his virtual clutch.

However, any race is abusable, espicially races like muls, half-giants and d-elves. That's what we have karma, so only people that are trusted not to twink out play them.

If the playerbase ever got big enough, the mantises would be the first race I'd like to have re-opened. They'd create a lot of conflict and competition... But only if they had a number of stable PCs, which would, I feel, deter most twinkage.

Actually, I really wasn't implying it's abuseable, or at least wasn't meaning too.

I just consider mantis, as I understand them, unplayable.  The hive-mind concept is just such a stretch and sounds borderline like a recipe for boredom.

At least with Gith there plenty of individuality.