While I was on the road to Luir's...

Started by Bedhead, November 12, 2003, 12:34:41 AM

say festish fer guys named bo...
Well then :lol: :wink:....
My name is Beau.... I spell it Beau...
Had 5 friends named:
Bo, Beu, Bow, Bo, and of course.. Beau :) then there was me..
awhile... back on topic.

My character I have no wasn't supposed to livea month... been like 5..  :evil:
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Quotehe then grabbed my unconscious ass

Hehe, so that's what got you hooked, huh? Can't say I'm surprised. I like molesting unconscious people as well.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Ahah, my first character is one of my favorite amusing stories, and great memories... this was geez.. eight years ago or so, and I made a standard fighter character, expecting that class to be the easiest to learn. I think his name was Torbin. Anyway, I began my character in Tuluk (way before the whole Tuluk destruction/rebuilding thing), and found my way to the main tavern, and began to seek work. In a surprisingly short time, I found work with a freelance hide merchant as his personal guard. I trained as his guard for about 2 RL days, then he decided to make a trip to Allanak. So Torbin the newbie guard began his first trip outside the gates, struggling to keep up with the merchant while riding an old brown kank. I vividly remember that old brown kank. We made it to Luirs without any ruckus, and the merchant informed me we were going to meet a friend of his somewhere on the road. Sounds good, so off we go. Needless to say, riding along the shield wall, we were ambushed by Gith. Despite being a complete newbie warrior, Torbin lunged valiantly into the fray to defend the merchant, and surprisingly, was holding his own well enough for a long while (the Gith weren't nearly as powerful then). Inevitably, they were too much, and I was forced to flee... in the confusion, I got away by jumping right off the shield wall. You'd think this story would end here... but it didn't. I survived the fall, barely, and ended up sleeping to recover... absolutely terrified that more Gith would walk up on me. After some long period, I recovered enough to wake up, and sat there uncertain for a while before waying the merchant, who was still alive. I told him of my situation, and he, a bit surprised I was alive, told me he had found his friend, and that I should climb the shield wall. I endeavored to do so, and ended up nearly dying after a few nasty falls. He gave me some more hints, and I managed to get out, mostly dead, and expecting Gith any moment. By some miracle, I navigated a little bit further and he met me with his friend, and I ended up on the old brown kank again, which carried me safely to Allanak. Of course, no happy ending here, for the very next time I logged, full of the joy of life, I went outside the gates to challenge the Gith, because I'd done a fair turn at them, and thought I could manage well enough. I seem to remember killing one somehow by myself, and running to the gates with another, which the guards assisted with. I noticed on the body some spice, however, which (being from Tuluk) I was excited because I knew I could sell it. So I scooped up the spice and tried to enter the Allanaki gates. Tsk, such a shame to survive such a catastrophe and die in such a sad way. :)

Gawynn
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth

My first character, over a year ago was a warrior/ woodcutter in Tuluk.  I was doing pretty darn good, making sids and a few friends.  One day while chopping a tree I lay down to rest and fell asleep.  I was asleep for only a short time when I was awakened by someone slicing into me.  I hopped up and before I could even assess the situation, I was running, bleeding.  The assailant had taken most all of my gear too.  I ran back to town and with the very few sids left I bought a club.  I think I had only a club and maybe my pants, nothing else.  I was cut up and bleeding and mad.  I went back out and sure enough, the thief was still there.  I attacked him and nearly killed him.  He ran to the city gates and parked down next to the soldiers.  I tried to threaten him, he ended up giving me back most of the stuff he took and we ended up having a friendly discussion.  I plotted my revenge but never saw him again.

Later on my same character had somehow defeated a halfling.  I thought I was pretty tough (later I realized the halfling had no weapon on him) and could handle halflings with a 2 day warrior.  I met another newbie and decided to show him the ropes.  We ventured into the grey forest and I saw a halfling.  I told him we could take it on so we tried.  We both died a cruel death that day.  The funny part was I was the "expert" telling this guy what to do etc.  I didn't know shit.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?