playing times (im doomd)

Started by d00d, November 06, 2003, 02:29:17 AM

mud account... He cant manage to get a confirmation email for some reason. Changing mailbox settings didnt work. I think he even tried different email adresses. He's sorta upset because he really, really wants to try Arm.

That seems to happen to some people.   At least for me, what was happening was that my email was filtering the automated reply as spam.   In my case, fixing it was just finding the reply in my bulk email folder, and then clicking on the button to say that it's not really spam.   (That was with Yahoo!, but a similar fix would work for other types of email).

Has your friend emailed the mud directly (mud@ginka.armageddon.org) to explain what's going on?   If he can't get the email problem resolved, I'd try that next.    (And hopefully "normal" email from them won't get filtered out too.)
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House