Where Players Found Us: February 2018

Started by Rahnevyn, March 17, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

Total New Accounts: 214
Total New Accounts That Submitted An Application: 114
Accounts With > 30 Minutes Playtime: 53

Where They Found Us:

SourceTotal New AccountsNew Accounts With an ApplicationNew Accounts That Played > 30 minutes
Reddit532813
The Mud Connector50236
Friend Referrals271812
Google1793
Cabinet Magazine Article654
Top Mud Sites321
Other Sources*582914

*Interesting "other" sources:
From a Twitch streamer called Zaric Zhakaron.
I found it searching for Roguelikes online.
old usernet posts about arctic
luck
N+1 article
Starmourn

Notes:
One of the new accounts above (also a >30 account) was new staff member Draugr. Welcome, Draugr!

13 players submitted an application, had it accepted, but never logged in to play. That number feels unusually high; it was like 3 last month. I'm noting it here to keep an eye on it next month.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

I'll have to google N+1 and see what that is, never heard of it!

Great stats, indicates that the category in which the highest percentage of people stuck around for more than 30 minutes was referral from friends.

Also should be noted, that the new account doesn't mean a new player. IIRC when you are added as a staff member, you get a special staff account so you can do staff stuff. So the new guy (welcome!) might have been a player for the past 10 years  but only now has his very own brand sparkly new staff account.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on March 17, 2018, 05:30:43 PM
Also should be noted, that the new account doesn't mean a new player. IIRC when you are added as a staff member, you get a special staff account so you can do staff stuff. So the new guy (welcome!) might have been a player for the past 10 years  but only now has his very own brand sparkly new staff account.

Correct, that's why I called it out. It isn't that we picked a brand new guy and made him staff, just since a staff member is a "new" account, they're reflected in these numbers.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.