Explanation

Started by Lael, January 21, 2017, 03:03:58 AM

Hey - other thread was locked, I just wanted to respond and explain myself a little more. Feel free to lock this one as well.

Perhaps 'slightly condescending' would have been better on my part - I could make allowances for that. I guess the nature of my responses and the manner in which they received is kind of a funny mirror to how the original message was written and received. Mine later were of course worse, as I mentioned.

Anyways, the tone was not the important part, although it probably pushed me to post. The rules of the game are different now. That doesn't work for me - big deal, there are plenty of other potential players out there <-- sounds bitter, not a good enough writer to type around that. Not meant to :P

The more unfortunate bit of this though is the perfect transcription of the email that was sent to me, and the locking of the thread. There was other discussions going on. And what, no criticism? yikes. <-- Sounds bitter. Yea but I guess I am! That's human.

Anyways, I do wish you all the best - I like to imagine all the funny and interesting characters running through the fields of my youth. Being an Imm would be a tough job, and I can understand that. Hopefully you enjoy the position. <--  sounds nostalgic! Had some damn good times here :) Miss you guys/gals/guygals/muls.

Just because I don't like being misrepresented, here is a better transcription of that email.

"<Redacted>

You cannot play a <certain tribe> magicker.  This is against the tribe's docs.

You also cannot play an exiled (effectively tribeless) desert elf.  That is not allowed as well.

You can apply to be a <redacted, but the other tribe that is open>.  Generally you would want to open a discussion with the <none of this stuff is relevant to what I'd been posting about, but it was all nicely worded.>

Your Special Application request has been resolved."

end quote

So, the addition of, 'Sorry' does change the feel, doesn't it? Very small changes can have a disproportionate effect, as I'd mentioned before. I genuinely doubt his addition of the word in the post was done on purpose, it's a natural thing one would expect that they would have typed in the situation.

Perhaps (likely) he didn't see this, but the first non-special app rejection was as follows

Desert elves need to be a part of a coded tribe. Currently the <two tribes>
are the only open tribes. The <tribes> <do things>, but you
would seed to send in a role application to play a desert elf magicker. Currently main
guild magickers are not an option.  (Side note, I knew about the last bit, but my karma options must be all janked up atm, how else could I apply?)

So together, that's a bit more frustrating, right? I get it, they aren't going to be perfect, this is not a job they are being paid to do. Personally I would recommend auto-generated responses, as we humans can be a bit more understanding when a machine is being brusque. Anyways, to re-iterate, it's not the rejection that's making me not want to play, I had many characters special apped or otherwise, rejected in a probably similar fashion (big workload/no pay, I get it). I can't play something relatively mundane to my eyes, it's not a direction I like, and there are plenty of other games.

People worrying about powergaming - it was a creation water mage (too IC? it's in the helpfiles) - I just wanted food and water while I traipsed around, as well as the climbing skill. Well and I love roleplaying the connection to elements and the magick stuff, but y'know, for how an exiled newbie d-elf is gonna water/feed himself in the very beginning, it made sense. Plus this whole hating himself thing and trying to avoid 'being caught by his tribe' is fun too.

Anyways, I apologize if I left a bruise -  my darker sense of humor, tendency towards sarcastic/bitter jokes, and dislike of typing has never played out well on the internet. No ill-will. Arm, whatever it is now, is still unique, and the thrill of trying to type with your adrenaline going bonkers will not be forgotten.

Someone mentioned 'Why post then?' See something, say something I guess. Didn't like the direction. My one lonely opinion shouldn't really matter but that doesn't mean I shouldn't express it.

I don't remember the words for a certain spell that quells aggression, but it would be kinda funny now, if I could. But terribly IC I guess so hehe, it's better that I don't.

Keep those hoods up, and your sunslits down!

Lael

Dude, you need to open a request or something.  This is getting old.  Fast.

Or just.  You know.  Stop.

Please.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

So strange. Okay, totally done.

(Also, just thought of this, but Seidhr maybe condescending is not the right word. Hopefully you understand what I mean.)

I'm not bitter or anything, and don't plan to play again because the adults decided not to let my toys in the sandbox.
When I brought up the topic in another thread it got locked, so now I've made a thread with the same exact complaint but worded far more longwindedly, but totally mentioning how I'm
not bitter at all, ever. Not me, no way man. I don't care about any of this, but I'll make another post telling how I was wronged by not being allowed to play something that went against the documented rules of this game. But I don't care or anything, just making a post to tell you all why I don't want to play anymore.  K. Bye.   
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Since the OP has aired his concerns (Once more) and has no further wish to communicate on this topic I will lock it.

You all know better than to engage in nonconstructive posts for any reason (I hope)

Thank you for clarifying your position OP. I am sure no offence was intended from any side. But for future reference the correct place is certainly requests for this sort of thing, we're always happy to clarify if someone believes they've been unfairly treated.