On the Side

Started by a french mans shirt, November 18, 2016, 12:22:46 PM

Quote from: Armaddict on November 18, 2016, 02:21:49 PM
I've occasionally been pulled into a game of DotA, but that usually results in me forgetting that I'm even logged in so I try to avoid it.

What's your MMR?
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Quote from: Samoa on November 18, 2016, 08:19:27 PM
I've occasionally been pulled into a game of DotA, but that usually results in me forgetting that I'm even logged in so I try to avoid it.

What's your MMR?

I bounce repeatedly back and forth between 3.1k and 3.6k.

So not that good, but not super serious about the game either.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on November 18, 2016, 08:21:10 PM
Quote from: Samoa on November 18, 2016, 08:19:27 PM

What's your MMR?

I bounce repeatedly back and forth between 3.1k and 3.6k.

So not that good, but not super serious about the game either.

Let's play sometime if you want.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I used to multi-task quite a bit, and it depends on the PC. Sometimes, esp. when i'm playing a sponsored leadership role, I will play in short spurts and give it 100% attention. Or, I'll idle and throw up a gone and be around for psi's, especially if i'm a Byn Sergeant or something like that.

On the side I look up random crap or troll the GDB, or do something with my wife/dogs, or plain old fashioned read a book.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Up until a little less than a month ago, I'd have said that Arm gets my 100% full attention whenever I'm on. That's mainly because I used to play on a $50 tablet that didn't understand the concept of multi-tasking all that well.

Nowadays, it's a bit harder to have my attention completely in-game, but I find I'm usually still doing something Arm-related on the side. Whether it's lurking in the GDB or playing with a concept I'll end up scrapping or, more recently, tinkering with the SMF theme (btw staff, I sent that in!)

If I'm really bored, I usually put on some music and pull up Reddit.

I'm liking the story of Resident Evil 6, its turning out nicely. I figured out the punchline to the proverbial joke a couple of days ago and they haven't revealed the joke itself yet but I think they're about to.

I kind of need the stimulation of a video on the side or my attention starts to wander.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.