Welcome New Staff

Started by Lizzie, October 01, 2016, 05:49:38 PM

October 01, 2016, 05:49:38 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:23:15 PM by Lizzie
Tleilax and Aromit - those are the two I saw so far! Congrats on getting the gig!

Edited to add: Fehu!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

With a name like Tleilax. Expect a lot of body snatching to happen.

Here, have my brain as a offering.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

So...which clans?
Fredd-

I know the staffer for one is still an old staffer so one of the main ones are fine. 1 of them at least.

Quote from: Barsook on October 01, 2016, 10:26:11 PM
So...which clans?

They always do an announcement when they have this figured out, at least in my experience.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Ah, right, duh.
Fredd-

A WHOLE BUNCH OF RANDOM CONSONANTS AND ANOTHER BUNCH OF RANDOM CONSONANTS (WITH A COUPLE OF VOWELS THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE) HAVE JOINED SOME TEAM.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

New staff, what new staff?  I mean, there are these new lumps around upstairs... they are like clay... maybe we should make them into something.  Hmmm... what though?

Welcome to the new folks, it's a breath of fresh air and its going to be a ton of fun!
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Let's start by dying their hair red.

Just noticed how weird their names are, I wonder if some of them have meaning.  And please don't offense there, new staff.
Fredd-

One of them is the ring Gil-galad received from LOTR. Another is the lizard beastmaster from Heroes of Might and Magic III. One of them is wealth, and the other is from Dune.
Death is only the beginning...

Quote from: Evilone on October 03, 2016, 06:54:52 AM
One of them is the ring Gil-galad received from LOTR. Another is the lizard beastmaster from Heroes of Might and Magic III. One of them is wealth, and the other is from Dune.

As Renenutet was nice enough to point out, apparently my name reminds them of this Pokemon:

Permanent -10 to cool.

Quote from: Lizzie on October 01, 2016, 05:49:38 PM
Tleilax and Aromit - those are the two I saw so far! Congrats on getting the gig!

Edited to add: Fehu!

I think Fehu's gonna be the scurriest. Whyever would you think that, Lizzeh, you ask? Because - when I read words, I am "vocalizing" them in my head. So I'm also hearing them. That's how my brain works. I hear them in a kind of Peppermint Patty voice, male or female. Like she's the narrator of everything I read or something. Anyway...

When I read the word Fehu, the sound was as if Peppemint Patty stuffed a fistful of marshmallows in her mouth, and then said "Fuck You" with her mouth full of those marshmallows.

So - any new staffer who would say "Fuck You" to the Armageddon world by making his name that - is scary.

Aren't you glad you asked?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

October 03, 2016, 08:53:16 AM #18 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:55:56 AM by Desertman
Quote from: Aromit on October 03, 2016, 07:10:20 AM

As Renenutet was nice enough to point out, apparently my name reminds them of this Pokemon:

Permanent -10 to cool.

When we send you specific requests in the future you know some of us are going to title them, "Aromit! I choose you!". (At least I will.)

;)

Also, what ever happened to Mordiggity? (Mordiggian?).

I just really liked calling them Mordiggity. I feel like they were around hot and heavy for like a month and then vanished?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Isn't "Fehu" one of the rune names in "The Summoning?"
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Welcome!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Pale Horse on October 03, 2016, 09:25:36 AM
Isn't "Fehu" one of the rune names in "The Summoning?"

Probably, because Fehu is an actual rune name irl!

Good luck to new Staff.

:-* to Adhira. Thanks for your hard work in the Producer position for so many years!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Aromit on October 03, 2016, 07:10:20 AM

Permanent -10 to cool.
I'd love to take the credit, but that wasn't me. I'm not familiar with Pokemon.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

I am however, planning to dye their hair red, where applicable.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

I heard that staff recruits heavily from prisons and lunatic asylums.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on October 03, 2016, 12:57:33 PM
I heard that staff recruits heavily from prisons and lunatic asylums.

Well. They recruit from the playerbase, so this seems on point.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Waaait...huh? Adhira is a "consultant"?  What does that mean?  Does she now operate secret drone missions or sell arms or something? Consultant In Armageddon?

And what happened to Eury?
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Eury stepped down to Legend a few months ago.

Consultant means that they are around in a capacity to assist as they can, giving feedback and thoughts on projects and on-goings with staff.

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Consultant

We've taken on six new staff members: Aromit, Conqui, Fehu, Tleilax, Vilya, and Wystan.
Conqui and Vilya and will be joining the southern team.
Aromit and Fehu will be joining the independent team.
Tleilax and Wystan will be joining the merchant team.

It is good, but at the same time I can't help thinking... There are 40-50 online @ peak. And staff are selected among the most seasoned, good players who drive plots, etc. So 6 people mean over 10% of the population, and somewhat the best. And they have been kind of lost since they won't actively play :( Or, I'm in a pessimist mode today.

You do realize that staff do still play characters, right?  At least a good majority of us do, so population isn't looking much.  Also with having more staff means more plots running, more things going on, and more positive changes.  Wish such, more players.  I don't get why some get stuck up on number of people playing, it hasn't changed much as I see times where I see it high and low.

There are still plenty of great players that drive plots and make shit happen.  I trust in our population (which is much greater than the peak player amount) to keep things fun an active and we'll continue to keep supporting them, now more than ever.

Quote from: najdorf on October 06, 2016, 12:47:02 PM
We've taken on six new staff members: Aromit, Conqui, Fehu, Tleilax, Vilya, and Wystan.
Conqui and Vilya and will be joining the southern team.
Aromit and Fehu will be joining the independent team.
Tleilax and Wystan will be joining the merchant team.

It is good, but at the same time I can't help thinking... There are 40-50 online @ peak. And staff are selected among the most seasoned, good players who drive plots, etc. So 6 people mean over 10% of the population, and somewhat the best. And they have been kind of lost since they won't actively play :( Or, I'm in a pessimist mode today.

I've thought similar things before, but its not always the "best most seasoned" players. Often times, I feel 'those' players aren't as interested in a storyteller role as they are telling their own stories. Not that staff AREN'T good players, but its not like they pick the top 10 "best" and pick from there. Its whomever applies, and the best, most reliable of those.

Though I wonder how staff deal with the "multiple playable characters' conundrum. I can't play an RPG without abandoning builds and personalities until I figure out what playstyle I want this time!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Ath on October 06, 2016, 12:54:43 PM
You do realize that staff do still play characters, right?  At least a good majority of us do, so population isn't looking much.  Also with having more staff means more plots running, more things going on, and more positive changes.  Wish such, more players.  I don't get why some get stuck up on number of people playing, it hasn't changed much as I see times where I see it high and low.

There are still plenty of great players that drive plots and make shit happen.  I trust in our population (which is much greater than the peak player amount) to keep things fun an active and we'll continue to keep supporting them, now more than ever.

what? I didn't know that at all. cool

Frankly, we were understaffed in the past. The primary goal I had in mind while hiring new staff was to focus on unburdening storytellers that were running multiple clans. Six new staff was a good number because it gives every storytellers one clan to run. Now storytellers can focus on storytelling for their clan and working on new things, rather than managing paperwork for a number of clans and barely having any time to do things in-game. I think the new staff are great and many players are likely observing them quickly sink into and get a feel for their assignments. Over time my hope is that this effort will pay off in dividends and set a standard for how the game is staffed.

First of all, Welcome new Staffers!

Quote from: Ath on October 06, 2016, 12:54:43 PM
You do realize that staff do still play characters, right? 

Huh, That is cool. I always thought once you got on staff you had to abandon your PC's and did nothing
but Staffy stuff. 

Quote from: Nergal on October 06, 2016, 01:41:06 PM
I think the new staff are great and many players are likely observing them quickly sink into and get a feel for their assignments. Over time my hope is that this effort will pay off in dividends and set a standard for how the game is staffed.

Totally observing this. Already had some interaction with a new Staff. Keep up the awesome, guys.   ;D
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

We actually encourage Staff to continue to play characters, for one... it's a great way to relieve burnout, and two you keep attached to the game.  So when people say that Staff is disconnected from the game, I have to argue.  I am currently playing a PC that I am quite enjoying right now.  I  know of several other staff that are doing so also.  It's right in our documentation to our new staff to encourage them to continue playing when they feel ready to do so.  For one, we as staff can try to encourage good forms of role playing and be able to find areas that need improvement that we wouldn't readily notice when we were just a player before.  I've found all sorts of little tweaks while playing that I can get off my character and then fix or tweak when I get back on.  Simple things like typos, duplicate NPCs sitting somewhere, or something more major like a bug that I can report up which then gets fixed.

I hope this clarifies a few things.

Quote from: Jihelu on October 06, 2016, 03:32:32 PM
Staff encouraged mud sex.

Oh of course, I will make sure there are more raunchy Rinthi whores just for you. :) 

is there a quick bootstrap course on the coding and stuff that would be needed to help staff Arm?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Is it true that every staff PC has a script attached to them granting your account instant karma if you kill them? ;D
yousuck

it is, i already killed nergal three times.

now i have 24 karma.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Pfft, I got Akariel right in the face, face is worth double points!

Quote from: yousuff on October 06, 2016, 07:11:30 PM
Is it true that every staff PC has a script attached to them granting your account instant karma if you kill them? ;D

Newbie staff aren't worth points yet. If we die we're just fired.

Quote from: Aromit on October 07, 2016, 03:56:39 AM

So what you are saying is killing you gives me gratification and noob coins?

Best part is the newb boots, high lord bless those boots.

Quote from: Aromit on October 07, 2016, 03:56:39 AM

At what point do staff pc's become worth karma points? Is it kind of like 0 karma players have the 1 hour grace period where their PC is resurrected if killed within that time?
yousuck

I would imagine so, except its probably more like they get a week. After that its a free for all boots claiming massacre.