Release Notes - FIRE ARROWS

Started by Riev, August 22, 2016, 11:57:07 AM

August 25, 2016, 10:21:30 PM #50 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:23:35 PM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: Dresan on August 25, 2016, 09:30:48 PM
I disagree with RGS. Agian I see this as being something cool to do in a group, not really something to use against PC vs poison.  So its not a buff just an additional cool feature.

Archery is strong as it should be as is alot of things when you take the time to master them. The only problem with everything else is there is no defense against the 'look' command.

Just because you think it's cool do do in a group doesn't stop it from being a flat buff to dmg. You're right that poison is better but do we even know if this removes poison from being an option? It certainly should.

I don't have an issue with archery killing people in 1-2 hits. But the ease with which people tend to get away after murdering their victims, and the lack of ability to defend when you know you're being targeted, coupled together, makes for a very un-fun environment to roleplay in when it happens.

Archery and throw vs mobs is WAY too easy. It's a free kill. That's just bad PvE design.

Most mobs become free kills anyways with in a couple days. And groups prefer rushing in head first so not sure why you have so much hate agaisnt bow and arrow.

Poison arrow+stealth is king, its been king for a long time and it hasn't broken the game. This doesn't change that. Agreed you shouldn't have both flame and poison arrow.

Frankly would love them give some love to crossbows and make them a unique type of short range archery with pros and cons, instead of always giving love to bows.

If the npcs didn't just stand there and get shot, but actually came toward the people that were shooting them (if aggro) or ran away (if not)... that's my dream world.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on August 26, 2016, 10:19:46 AM
If the npcs didn't just stand there and get shot, but actually came toward the people that were shooting them (if aggro) or ran away (if not)... that's my dream world.

+1

Even something as simple as having them 'flee self' if they are hit with an arrow (and not already engaged in melee) -- this would require the archer to at least move around (and potentially into danger), instead of setting up two rooms south of the NPC, looking in all directions, then spam firing.

During the gith wars in the Tablelands, I think staff were playing around with a script like that.  Or maybe they were just animating a lot.  Or maybe they were PCs.  I couldn't tell!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Fire arrows.  Yes.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

I have a sneaking suspicion gith will be more dangerous for whatever reasons guys. Just saying.

Also fuck yes I want to actually consider taking a bow with me now.

Quote- Added a feature for 'count' to be able to use 'count <item> <container>' while you are wearing the container.

I love it.  Welcome back, Nathvaan!  N and N are rocking it.  I haven't been able to play much due to RL, but this has to the best Arm's ever been, code-wise.
Where it will go

September 12th, 2016

(Nessalin)
-When an arrow becomes lit, by whatever means, any poison on it is removed.

Honestly this sounds like a "working as intended" feature more than a bug. I would think that the organic compounds of toxins and venom wouldn't stand up very well to fire.

Being struck by an arrow that is both poisoned and on fire is also kind of overpowered from a gameplay perspective.

Those notes describe the attempted release, not the bugs that were found.