As you fall, you land on your neck!

Started by Reiloth, August 10, 2016, 12:30:41 AM

I've found some neat 'rinthi places by accidentally fleeing up where there's no visible up exit. But it's pretty dumb, I agree it shouldn't happen.

It's the dumbest kind of death ever. I'd rather hear the words "rough circle" spoken from the shadows with no punctuation or capitalization, then get backstabbed by the extremely short and thick figure in a dark, hooded cloak, than die this way AGAIN.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

i want to end all of your flee debates by saying this:

i had a pc whose life was literally saved

by fleeing

up

into a climb room.

so how about -no-.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on August 21, 2016, 10:51:41 PM
i want to end all of your flee debates by saying this:

i had a pc whose life was literally saved

by fleeing

up

into a climb room.

so how about -no-.

How about yes?

Just because a piece of code saves your PC, but is otherwise unrealistic or stupid, doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. We call that a 'well meaning bug'.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

fleeing "up" is not a bug, it just means your pc opted to jump up a cliff instead of die.

Em hocks large rocks up the cliff face aiming for %evilcabbage head.

flee self

you do not flee, you are a cabbage!

assimilate hauwke
You begin to assimilate Hauwke, adding him to the Cabbage Hivemind.

August 23, 2016, 08:03:54 PM #58 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:08:42 PM by Reiloth
I can't imagine a scenario where you are fleeing an opponent 'up' a cliff or whatever (Call it a wall), and they don't y'know...Kill you. For turning your back and putting yourself in an incredibly vulnerable position. I mean, we aren't talking about our PCs being orcs from the Moria scene of LoTR Fellowship of the Ring where they crawl upside down out of the asshole looking opening thing in the roof.

"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

i mean, maybe your parry threw them off balance just enough for you to jump up the cliff and save yourself? it works. it isn't a bug. this game isn't super realism simulator. there are things that our pcs can do that normal humans cannot do, despite the fact that our pcs are arguably weaker than most real life humans.

It isn't a super realism simulator, but it does try to closely mirror RL when it comes to things like physics, and common sense.

~Jack Vance~