Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Was Dueden Kadius a player? Who were they if so?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Not sure if it that was a joke when I saw and now, but was it you? Your character's portrait is the poster child of the House Kadius helpfile and I was just wondering. It's a name I remember hearing or seeing on the House Kadius forums.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Bebop on May 28, 2018, 12:52:13 PM
I still want to know who my Sweet Roll homies were back in the day.

Idji, Sham, Lyvren (who I loathed but later realized it was really cool she didn't spam kill us all and let the story line marinate.)

Thank you :) I'd rather have enemies than corpses. Enemies are fun.

Quote from: Case on November 24, 2022, 06:46:05 PM

Idji, Sham, Lyvren (who I loathed but later realized it was really cool she didn't spam kill us all and let the story line marinate.)

Hands down Lyvren was one of my favorite Nakki templars in my almost 15 years of playing. :D She was rad AF.

Quote from: Case on November 24, 2022, 06:46:05 PM

it was fun playing with you across all your characters.

I was that pickpocket northie youngster that was investigating the assassination of your aide. Never did find the culprit though.

Quote from: Dar on November 24, 2022, 08:52:48 PM
I was that pickpocket northie youngster that was investigating the assassination of your aide. Never did find the culprit though.

Is this the one I threw off a balcony or was this another aide before Torgun's time?

Baby Torgun Moment #82

QuoteAt your table, you say in sirihish, focusing on the short, hairy, burly man:
     "All yours Recruit. Happy?"

At your table, the short, hairy, burly man says in sirihish:
     "Very. Thank you for your generousness, Lady Templar."

At your table, you say in sirihish, wincing:
     "Generousness. May need to work on getting your Sirihish up to comfortable listening quality."

The scary part is that moment #82 was like our third day on the job.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 24, 2022, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: Dar on November 24, 2022, 08:52:48 PM

Is this the one I threw off a balcony or was this another aide before Torgun's time?

I think that was after Torgun, but during Lyvren.

In your case, the aide you dealt with that was me was Shaze. :)

Lyvren was my favorite Nakki Templar as well. I had sooooo many characters die at her hand (all deserved, of course), and I really enjoyed the different side of her I got to see playing my Fale.

Most of the characters I wonder about were the remarkable ones that just passed through the lives of my 90+ characters.  The characters that when you interacted with them really brought the world to life.

-the d-elf my breed Whiran of many years ago would kidnap, cook for and lavish with gifts because he was so lonely.
-the various members of the Magicker "Cuddle Puddle" that lived under the leadership of a certain sorcerer.
-Cita of the TM...  the things she unintentionally drove my Kadian to do...

For me, all the best memories in Arm are not the HRPTs, the awesome battles or world changing events you get to witness the birth of, but the times when a couple or few people are just sitting around shooting the shit or pouring out their hearts to each other that really bring the world to life.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: tiny rainbow on October 13, 2022, 05:49:32 AM
Little jozhal got locked in during the war when the gates closed and the place was full of soldiers. When the old apartments in Luir's were broken in and occupied, no one bothered to close the doors after them. Got curious and found...
... A fluffy toy gimpka rat... In the main one being used by the soldiers. Totally thought it was Suriale's acting like some kind of mascot :)

It was a mascot- but of the 13th squad of the Steel Talons, who had commandeered that apartment as their bivouac and loot-acquiring headquarters. A few short IG weeks later, that squad was nearly annihilated in the battle.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

December 24, 2022, 06:13:07 AM #1337 Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 06:15:59 AM by Inks
Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 25, 2022, 11:08:16 PM
"Magicker cuddle puddle"

If you mean Hasan my rinthi PC that had been half driven mad by her boss' torture of her when he was in his emo skellington phase laid low with his kids while the camp was pillaged and burned by the Allanakis then brought them all to Storm. Then I got lost in a storm after I left and fell into the sea. Hehe. My first ever magicker.

Quote from: Inks on December 24, 2022, 06:13:07 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 25, 2022, 11:08:16 PM
"Magicker cuddle puddle"

If you mean Hasan my rinthi PC that had been half driven mad by her boss' torture of her when he was in his emo skellington phase laid low with his kids while the camp was pillaged and burned by the Allanakis then brought them all to Storm. Then I got lost in a storm after I left and fell into the sea. Hehe. My first ever magicker.

When I knew Hasan, the camp was still healthy and vibrant (after a long time of us making it that way.  A few others came and went, but I mostly remember him, his lover, and a non magicker that lived with us for the longest time that my character had a thing for.  One of my favorite parts of that role was the RP with the virtual twins that we all participated in. Good times all around. Only time I cried when my PC died.  Usually I'm meh, or pissed.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I've never played anyone memorable apparently. I should work on that.

Quote from: Kialae on December 31, 2022, 12:01:46 AM

Not everyone gets to be the protagonist, I have played a lot of people known to like five people.. So pretty much the same situation.

Quote from: Kialae on December 31, 2022, 12:01:46 AM

I know exactly what happened to your characters!

Stab! Stab! Stab!

Happy New Year!

Quote from: Barsook on October 13, 2022, 06:59:31 PM
Whatever happened to Merchant Wren of House Salarr who was Captain of the Garrison like twice?

Only Captain once during the occupation, was Quartermaster in his early career.

Wren died in single combat fighting what he had tried to get everyone to fight. Was a great character to play.

Quote from: SpyGuy on March 14, 2023, 12:02:10 PM
Whatever happened to Merchant Wren of House Salarr who was Captain of the Garrison like twice?

Wren died in single combat fighting what he had tried to get everyone to fight. Was a great character to play.

I remember Wren from when he first started all the way up to his progression. Was a true joy to watch him develop from start to finish.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

March 14, 2023, 01:48:24 PM #1344 Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:59:36 PM by SpyGuy
Quote from: Krath on March 14, 2023, 01:28:12 PM
Quote from: SpyGuy on March 14, 2023, 12:02:10 PM

I remember Wren from when he first started all the way up to his progression. Was a true joy to watch him develop from start to finish.

Thanks, really appreciate that.

What happened to the Byn Sarges Narun and Sic?

March 17, 2023, 09:43:46 AM #1346 Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:50:01 AM by ABoredLion
Hey CoconutDoggy. I played Sergeant Sic.

Everyone who could have been associated with him is long dead, but I appreciate that you still have him in your memory. He was my first and only Tzai Byn character. I'd be happy to share a little bit of what happened to him. The long and short of it was that a templar was doing something they shouldn't have been(in character, that is). Sergeant Sic knew about it, and had evaded a backwards attempt on his life, but every templar was applying increasing pressure to try to shoehorn him into being their personal pocket Byn sergeant, and the pressure kept stacking. At the same time, their rivalries with each other and Sic's no-nonsense attitude toward the behavior of a few merchant house family members who were acting terrified of a handful of outlaws eventually led to Sic getting thrown into the arena. He survived, and through IC stuff, I was pushing to get made into a gladiator. It all worked out relatively well, and the character was probably going to fall into that role. Even had staff support for it. They were always very supportive and took great care of me. A Borsail noble reached out to Sic while he was sitting in the bottom (below the arena) kind of just waiting to see what happened and said something about taking care of him in that new life. A templar or two was basically telling him not to even breathe or they'd kill him. A short while later, the templar just came down with his squad of soldiers and killed Sic in the gladiator area to no longer have to deal with him.

Sic's life was always going to be about a bitter struggle against tragedy. He refused from start to finish to identify the group he'd been assigned to as "his unit". Most of them can attest that he'd tell them such any time they made overtures or any time someone called them "his units". That was because his original unit was all dead, and he was a lone survivor type of character with hopes that he'd one day find one of them had somehow lived and just fled the life. He was Tzai Byn to the core, and always would be, though. The company was what he lived and breathed, so he would do whatever he thought would most benefit them in the long term even at the cost of his life. It was this idea that made him essentially squeeze the merchant house family members (the three he was assigned to, to be specific, not the entirety of the merchant house with respect to the VNPC populations) to a halt when they hung him out to dry and snitched on him to the handful of PC locals who were the boogeymen of the north at the time. He had no aspect of his identity that didn't include that Tzai Byn thing, and the Tzai had always worked closely with the merchant houses, so the idea that these couple of members would basically spit on that longstanding relationship out of fear drove him up the wall.

There were a lot of whacky things that happened. He convinced the T'zai Byn cook to give him her giant spoon. He had a tryst with Lieutenant Copper. He eventually hooked up with and remained a romantic partner with an Arm of the Dragon sergeant who was trying to iron out the kinks in his broken head. His right hand turned out to be a magicker, but he was in self-denial and refused to learn about it. During the Luir's festival with all of the tribes, Sic blew money left and right, had bynners doing everything. I remember the hilarity of being like, a foreigner who is basically putting on the foam finger and wearing the team jersey (some local tribe's work) and encouraging the Tzai to do similar tomfoolery.

For a short while, the broadness of his social interactions had him in a really powerful place, relatively speaking. He had a bad attitude, but it was saved pretty much for anything anti-Tzai. He and his crew killed the gith that killed the previous most famous sergeant(Sergeant Cilla or something, I think?). We encountered the gigantic <redacted> in the salt flats, and Sic took a look at it in the distance and said, "Nah, we're good." and just turned the crew around and headed back. What's a bone sword going to do to something that rises up and scrapes the skies, amiright? Somehow survived an assassination attempt by one of the most successful whiran murderers of the time, during a sandstorm, in the absolute worst place you could be. The ungemmed whiran, by the way, working with the unnamed templar to kill him because I guess(?) the templar didn't want to seem like he just killed the most active leader of the Tzai to kill him.

Hilarity was common when I was leading over the Tzai, but I also got the impression at times that people just couldn't grasp the character so they found him unbearable. He treated his life like a soldier's life, because that was what he was. When people paid their three hundred, they were the Tzai's bodies until they left at the end of their time or took on more time. If they did the latter, they usually found things were a lot more chill for them. Sic created a purposeful distance between himself and the new bynners, partly because of his refusal to move on from his loss and partly because he believed the best system was that they always viewed him as their superior and not their friend. The troopers would be the bridge between those underlings and their superior. He would be "friends" with troopers, and complete that chain.

In the end, I think I told the story I wanted to tell with him. I think it was a waste how he died, but at the same time, there's a certain beauty to an unfair ending in a story that began with "life isn't fair". I hope some part of this brought back good memories to anyone who was part of the crew at the time.

March 24, 2023, 05:42:41 AM #1347 Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:38:02 AM by Inks
Am remembering the right guy? Whoever that elf that said he killed Sic was gemmed for sure.

Sic was definately a memorable dude if nothing else. I didn't even realise Nak was after him until I saw the body.

Nod. Nod. Nod. Nod. Nod.

Edit: I am remembering the wrong guy. Whoops.

Ah yes, Sic. I remember being in the north, and having a stand still skirmish outside of Morins with him and the byn, until the soldiers there were animated and told us to fuck off and the next person to attack would died. I remember trying to guerilla warfare you and your unit, unsuccessfully. Fun times and a great character to play with.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.