Crafting Changes

Started by Reiloth, July 26, 2016, 11:14:40 AM

Excellent additions! No longer will recipes be impossible to craft due to similar sdesc. Exciting stuff!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Difficulty levels provided, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

THANK YOU!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

:'( <---tears - of joy
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

OMG I literally started tearing UP, THANK YOU!
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

This is by far one of my own favorites.  Big props Ness on these updates we've been seeing.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Finally I can craft meats and not freak the fuck out because syntax!

Quote-Craft will now indicate the skill needed for each recipe on the list.

This is something I am very glad to see.

Worth noting this was suggested and driven by Rathustra with input from the rest of the team.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I like to believe I'm the one that made it so you can't peek in gloves anymore.
No?
Well I still believe it.

Wow, big upgrade.  Very well done!

I'm also a big fan of the peek changes, even though it's a relatively minor change, I always felt it was jarring to see someone's rings when that would've been impossible to peek.

Something to point out regarding the crafting update: when you try to get a crafts list for a set of items, but cannot craft them into anything, you get the following message:

You could make...
You don't think you could craft that into anything.

This is two lines long, whereas in the previous version of the crafting code, the message was one line long:
You don't think you could craft that into anything.

There is probably an easy way to return to the previous version of the message. Most likely, it would involve placing a simple if-statement in the new code.

Best change ever. Merchant was already my favorite guild. Now it's like my double-favorite.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: wizturbo on July 26, 2016, 01:03:26 PM
Wow, big upgrade.  Very well done!

I'm also a big fan of the peek changes, even though it's a relatively minor change, I always felt it was jarring to see someone's rings when that would've been impossible to peek.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I love these, so so so so so so so... x(a billion) much. And I don't even tend to play crafters. So much awesome.

July 26, 2016, 04:43:01 PM #19 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:44:34 PM by Sedora
This is the most fan-damn-tastic thing ever. I was beside myself when I read it, because as someone whose played merchant long enough to know some of the pains with trying to craft items with similar descs in the crafting window, this is a godsend. HUGE kudos to Rath and Ness and everyone else involved in this change.

You staffers are on a freakin' roll this month.

THANK YOU ALL STAFF.

I can finally see if that one arrowshafts recipe makes more arrowshafts than that other arrowshafts recipe, because one of them is so basic described that I can't ever make it.

Also, knowing how difficult stuff is is WOWSIES.

(Although now I feel like even at master level my character really sucks. Easy>Fail)
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Wonderful!   Well done!
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I am so excited for this!! Thank you so much!!

This is fantastic. I add my voice to the chorus of support for this change (And every change, yay change!)

I actually watched a craft go from "manageable" to "easy" after failing the first time, and when it was "easy" for me, I succeeded. If nothing else, knowing how much skill it takes, will drive my decision on how high-quality a tool I'm going to look for.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.