You remember you have spice on you.

Started by nauta, June 07, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

No to spice warning.

Possible yes to a bribe system.  You *may* get a warning if caught that you have been caught and in that instance it will ask you if you want to offer a bribe. Including only the money in your inventory, you can offer a specified number and then the good old RNG takes care of the rest to see if your hold off to the clink or if you are let go.

My 2.5 chipped sids.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 08, 2016, 04:20:41 PM
No to spice warning.

Possible yes to a bribe system.  You *may* get a warning if caught that you have been caught and in that instance it will ask you if you want to offer a bribe. Including only the money in your inventory, you can offer a specified number and then the good old RNG takes care of the rest to see if your hold off to the clink or if you are let go.

My 2.5 chipped sids.

That's where things come along when you're in the jails.  Pro Tip:  Keep cash on you if you're a criminal.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Ath on June 08, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
No to spice warning.

My 2.5 chipped sids.

That's where things come along when you're in the jails.  Pro Tip:  Keep cash on you if you're a criminal.

You sweet, summer child.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Ath on June 08, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
No to spice warning.

My 2.5 chipped sids.

Thats the thing man, there is a percentage that just get cut down.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I offload these quality-of-life issues to my client where I have all the control over the code.

look in pouch
a grain of flaky spicy goodness

#action {a grain of flaky spicy goodness} {#variable CARRYINGSPICE = 1}

West of the Gate to Allanak
#action {If $CARRYINGSPICE <> 0} {#echo {<<< You remember that you have an illegal substance on you. >>>}}

For the longest time I just used #SUBSTITUTE to color all the questionable items in my inventory red so I would notice them more easily.

These days I do neither and just don't go to Allanak. I've almost never had a good experience in Allanak. If the templar police don't get you there, then the roleplay police will.

Here's an idea. How about gate-guards apprehend and arrest, and club and knockout instead of fucking murderize you for having a spliff? Does that make too much sense, or what?

June 17, 2016, 12:30:36 PM #31 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:32:39 PM by nauta
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 17, 2016, 12:27:29 PM
Here's an idea. How about gate-guards apprehend and arrest, and club and knockout instead of fucking murderize you for having a spliff? Does that make too much sense, or what?

The more I think about it, the more I think clarification on the crim-code from staff would probably be the ideal solution, or at least go some distance.  Staff has suggested that they tweaked the guards to be more lenient, but I think a lot of us (myself included) are pretty darn wary of testing the waters on this.

I also think Chetterman's suggestion of moving the guards that check for the stuff would be good -- so they only check people coming into the city.  Perhaps you could add a little room west of the west gate room (but still behind the west gate itself) and another east of the east gate room (but still behind the east gate itself) where you put the guards that check for the stuff.  This would mean an aide carrying around a bunch of spice for their Lord/Lady doesn't get accidentally ganked.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago