Tales of the Mighty Dead

Started by nauta, April 11, 2016, 03:04:15 PM

So, this is an idea inspired by some windy thoughts based on the recent book crash fix.  (Roughly, wouldn't it be neat if we could document our PCs lives in books so other PCs could read them?  Yes, but it's an illiterate society, fool!)

A bulletin board dedicated to autobiographical stories and songs.  The rough idea is to use existing code (bulletin board).  You'd place a bulletin board in a room that charges an entrance fee (maybe one in Cenyr, one in Morin's, one in Nak, etc).  This would all be an OOC construct, though, for paying a bard to tell your story.  You'd pay to go in the room, then write down your story or song on the board.  Reading from the board would be like asking a bard to tell you the story of Hawk, the Mul, or the Gregor Samsa's bug song, and so on.

Hmm, I dunno now.  IIRC bulletin boards are hard to move around, and there'd be the problem with spam/cleaning it up/quality control.  But I'm going to toss it out there.  See if there are better ideas.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

With bard city gone (RIP Tuluk  :'() it does make me sad that I don't see very many pc inspired poems/songs in the game anymore. While I don't dislike the idea of the bulletin board for updates it would be hard to manage. Bob the nobody posts a story about himself saying he was great and did stuff that might be worth singing about isn't really all that different from making a post on any other rumor board currently ig and hoping it finds some traction amongst the playerbase.

For the chance to post stories/songs for anyone to reinvent on their bardly pc's there's always: http://www.armageddon.org/original/
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Poems, stories and other culturally significant activities exist in Allanak, they're just generally performed to the people who matter.  I.e.  People with silver rings.

We have something like this, and it is called the original submissions. It's kinda silly how you can count the number of submissions ever since I've started playing(2012) on one hand, though.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I'm def going to submit something tonight involving a dwarf, a breed, a human and an elf.

Sounds like the set up to a joke.