Perfumes

Started by nauta, April 05, 2016, 01:10:16 PM

April 08, 2016, 03:29:48 PM #25 Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:48:37 PM by nauta
On the topic of smells:

I wish you could sniff bob's vial much as you can look bob's vial.  It'd make selling smelling things easier, so you could 'hold' the item, rather than dropping it or handing it over.

Pro tips on sniff:

1.  A number of items have a smell associated with them that you can get at with the 'sniff' command.

2. 'sniff' doesn't do anything, but 'sniff room' does, and a lot of rooms have cool smells.

3. Some items, like spice, however get snorted when you sniff them.  FAIR WARNING!

IMHO:

We should eliminate the 'sniff' command and put smells in the output of the 'look' command (as some already are).  We can just trust people to RP appropriately vis-a-vis distance and the like.  Then make the 'sniff' command the 'snort' command, for spice and other items that you snort.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Bushranger on April 05, 2016, 05:28:05 PM
I would like it if the perfume a person was wearing showed up in Assess -v as well so you can learn how tall, heavy, tired and how they smell in one command. Now we need to Look Person, Sniff Person and Assess -v Person to get a complete picture.

Assess -v noble
He is older than you.
He looks to be mature for his race.
He is shorter than you.
He is quite a bit heavier than you.
He has a strong floral scent to his skin.

Does Ass -v still echo being eyed at morbidly? That used to be frowned at, if I recall correctly.

I believe it's "You notice: Amos glances at Talia." Which is a tad annoying.

Quote from: Vositus on April 08, 2016, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: Bushranger on April 05, 2016, 05:28:05 PM
I would like it if the perfume a person was wearing showed up in Assess -v as well so you can learn how tall, heavy, tired and how they smell in one command. Now we need to Look Person, Sniff Person and Assess -v Person to get a complete picture.

Assess -v noble
He is older than you.
He is shorter than you.
He has a strong floral scent to his skin.

Does Ass -v still echo being eyed at morbidly? That used to be frowned at, if I recall correctly.

That was the "consider" command, which I used quite often with Shatuka.

The slight, desert-hued half-elf eyes you morbidly.

While it was a slightly jokey command and it's probably best it's gone, I miss it and sometimes I still emote it just for kicks.

If someone catches an "assess", it's "You notice: the woman glances at the man."

Sometimes I used it to indicate I'd noticed someone but without the blatant "you notice me noticing you" that look used to echo.

Now I can just look at them! Yay!

Perfumes should definitely last longer and be noticeable though assess. It should at least last about two game days at least, basically almost a login. I feel you should be able to clean yourself using soap and water too. But it should be like clean self soap basin. Where the basin would  need 2 waterskins worth of water before you can use it. Not something cheap but you'd remain smelling clean for an IC day or two.

Yeah crazy in a desert world but I sometimes feel like the level of Alanak's decadence should begin reaching those levels with no respectable enemies in sight.

As a slight derail, I would honestly love to see a huge bathhouse for the rich and powerful in allanak. A grand Roman style bathhouse where you can go and come out smelling clean assuming you are part of the elite. I mean sure couple thousand people would die of thirst to keep that place functioning every year but image the level of utter depravity and gross decadence having a place like that in a desert city of allanak would mean.

Can scented soaps do the same thing as perfumes?

Of all the things I've done, I've never used soap.

Quote from: Dresan on April 09, 2016, 08:14:27 PM
As a slight derail, I would honestly love to see a huge bathhouse for the rich and powerful in allanak. A grand Roman style bathhouse where you can go and come out smelling clean assuming you are part of the elite. I mean sure couple thousand people would die of thirst to keep that place functioning every year but image the level of utter depravity and gross decadence having a place like that in a desert city of allanak would mean.

A variety of scented soaps and a kind of bath towel should be available in a stall in the bathhouse too. There's a bunch of nice soaps whose descriptions a lot of people don't get to see because someone has to make them.

Yesh!
Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/updates/index.php?week=26&year=2016
Perfumes updated/fixed to conform with new system that allows for custom scents -- Nergal.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

He is older than you.
He is shorter than you.
A repugnant odor seems to cling to him.

"Essence of Gith", a new fragance by Amos