Does the GDB need an outlet for off-topic comments?

Started by SuchDragonWow, April 04, 2016, 01:51:25 PM

Does the GDB need an outlet for off-topic comments?

Yes, a chat box.
Yes, an off-topic thread.
I don't care. / I claim citizenship in Switzerland.
No, the GDB is for formal discussion.
No, use the TeamSpeak.
Sensitivity is needed. Oversensitivity? Probably not. I find myself rolling my eyes at the stuff helpers moderate/lock more often than I'd like to lately.

Without an outlet for idle-minded conversation on the GDB, you're just suggesting people take the chit-chat to places you have no control over.
Whatever happens, happens.

April 05, 2016, 02:36:07 PM #51 Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:41:31 PM by Refugee
Quote from: SuchDragonWow on April 04, 2016, 02:18:59 PM
Quote from: Refugee on April 04, 2016, 02:15:15 PM
It's not something I care about, but...isn't that what the Non-Armageddon Discussion forum is for?

Are you advocating a new thread be started in the Non-Arm sub every time someone wants to make a one-off remark that isn't on topic?  Because I can put that option in the poll ...

I'm not advocating anything, I'm just asking, isn't that what we already have?  But apparently, from reading the rest of this thread, you meant reopening the RAT, which isn't how I took the title of the thread.

Well, to answer your question, that isn't what we already have, and no, there's no real motive here for opening the RAT.  I wanted to know if my own thoughts were in line with the player base.  As I said in the OP, I voted for a chat box.
Where it will go

April 10, 2016, 11:45:35 AM #53 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:49:39 AM by Cowboy
Disregard this post.  Too early.
I'd rather be lucky than good.

I wanna use teamspeak but i forgot to update my teamspeak again and again and then i say fuck it, I didn't really want to share that thought and I bet everyone's afk anyway, and I give up every time.

I'm gonna use the teamspeak now.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

There is a teamspeak? >>
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.