Why do you play?

Started by MeTekillot, March 22, 2016, 03:11:51 AM

Maybe Belle would have gotten hot for Gaston if he had presented her with the warm dripping-heart of the Beast. Women say they don't like it, but they do.

Be the change you want to see.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 23, 2016, 10:06:02 AM
Maybe Belle would have gotten hot for Gaston if he had presented her with the warm dripping-heart of the Beast. Women say they don't like it, but they do.

Be the change you want to see.

You are preaching to the choir Sir.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 22, 2016, 01:55:07 PM
Bone. Fucking. Swords.

The community is amazing. Combative and insane but great. The collaborative storytelling that goes on here is something unique. Keep it up you goons. I like it.

Quote from: Bogre on March 23, 2016, 03:35:06 AM
To CMWBS.

I really like developing concepts and playing them out.

Exploring and finding secrets and history.

Quote from: Desertman on March 22, 2016, 08:56:47 AM
I'm not really actively playing right now.

I put some thought into this question and I really can't figure out why I keep playing.

There are a lot of things I really don't enjoy about this game anymore not related in any way to being in the game.

I think maybe I keep playing out of habit when I do play.

I've played for so long now it's just sort of a go-to time killer that's become part of "what I do".

The game has its ups and downs for me these days, but there's no denying the downs really outweigh most of the ups for me most of the time now.

If I had to compare it to sitting around a tabletop playing a standard session of D&D I think it would be a lot like this:

Me: "So, we've been playing this campaign for almost 20 RL years.".

DM: "That's right.".

Me: "I feel like it's about time I'm allowed to accomplish something that matters.".

DM: "Do your best.".

Me: "How about this?".

DM: "No.".

Me: "Well, how about this then?".

DM: "No, and you need to stop asking.".

Me: "I guess I'll just keep doing the same things then and never think outside of the box I've been given.".

DM: "Good. That's what I want.".

Me: "Ok then.".

That pretty much sums up my play experience for the last handful of years.

The same old things can still be fun, but man, after this long the same old things start to get a little thin.

This is word for word how I feel these days.  I feel like I've done all that I will be able to do.
I've never played a Sorcerer and won't get to, I've never played a Templar (and after playing two characters that were close to two of them I don't think I will ever want to).

I have one goal from several years ago that wasn't accomplished due to a character death that was by far the worst Arm experience that I've ever had. MAY get to do that with my current PC.

I want to play a successful silt skimmer captain (got to be first mate to one once, but as usual, I went AFK and got ganked by an NPC).

That's about it for my Arm bucket list.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Slight derail

Skimmers are awesome in concept, but by design they are retarded.

You have a chance of falling off and instadeath if you're not sitting, but when you're attacked by super monsters, if you're sitting it gives them a huge bonus to hitting and hurting you.  Not to mention I -think- getting attacked sitting down automagickally stands you up, so if you survive and the captain pilots off, you could fall to your death.

If they made skimmers not so "One fuck up and you're dead!" I'd be all for it.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

You don't auto-stand if you are sitting.

You auto-stand if you are resting.

I play for the stories, and the secrets, to explore, and yes, to chop mothafuckas up with bone swords.