The Little Things

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 18, 2016, 10:51:45 PM

Lots of little things are enjoyable in this game.

NOTICE: Please don't use this thread to be like: "I love when people play out the fear of magick!" or "I love when people properly hate on my Breeds!" That sort of thing leads to threads getting locked because what you're really doing is complaining about people who don't do that.

Finding a new weapon/armor piece that you've never seen before.

Running across an unlooted corpse in the wastes.

When you find that animal corpse that's been left and no hide animals are nearby
THATS SOME GOOOOOD SHIT

I like when another PC gets to know my character well enough that they start to see how little details from my background have shaped me, without me having to spell it for them.

Of course, I like finding those little tidbits out about other PCs too.

I love it when I get an echo to supplement my RP, especially solo RP.

Quote from: Beethoven on March 18, 2016, 11:13:07 PM

This.

Staff have been awesome with this - even quite recently, both solo and with groups!

I enjoy some of the immersive descriptions, and being able to find objects in a room description which have descriptions of their own. I have seen more of this of late, and I think the builders are doing a wonderful job.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

sniff room

I love it.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Beethoven on March 18, 2016, 11:13:07 PM

+1

Doesn't even have to be all that relevant.  Just something I can play off.

I love it when I find that other pile of coins from that one thing two weeks ago, and now I'm comfortably above the purchase price of that sick new neck-piece.

I love the little hints about stuff that goes on in game that you have -no- idea about. Like - one time a character of mine was mistaken for a member of some secret group of assassins and given an assignment.

Another is finding strange and rare things in game - books, semi-unique or rare items, pieces of history.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Not so little, but I love the way I get heavily involved in being in character.  It's more a long story than a little thing, but...

I have hypertension (high blood pressure) and am currently trying to balance out my meds.  I was, on an average day, sitting around 160-180/125-135.  That's pretty damn high to have sustained for like 15 years, so we're trying to fix it. 

My meds, however, are working a little too well, and I'm now hovering around the 104-110/76-82 range.  This would be great were it not for the sudden change from there to here.

The fun part is that I was in the low range of the low range one day, and my character became involved in a dangerous scene.  When everything was resolved, I cooled down for a moment, then thought to go check on the home sphyg.  I had hit 187/130, just because of the excitement of this game.

I love living backgrounds. Everyone always takes the pussy way out and comes from dead parents or a wiped out tribe. There was recently a character that played out her living breathing virtual parents so well it got to the point of people asking how they were and going along with the story. Little things like this add SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the game.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Culinary Critic on March 22, 2016, 08:59:58 PM
187/130

Dude.

That's only like 20mmHg from 'Oh shit' status.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

I like speculating about the game's lore and legends.  I truly feel like I've only scratched the surface.

I love watching new players bumble through the game, inadvertently pulling their pants off and putting them in bags and stuff.  Then to see them achieving things -- feels good.  I also enjoy getting to know a PC well enough to watch their character evolve three-dimensionally.

I like it when I encounter someone whose prose breathes life into a conversation or the environment, or who uses interesting turns of phrase.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I like it when somebody hemotes a fart.

Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 23, 2016, 03:44:51 PM
I love living backgrounds.

Or at least, a PC that feels "alive" in that their life seamlessly blends with online and offline activity.

They talk about things they did (while they were offline), or virtual friends/lovers, etc.

I just love when PCs bring virtual people in to flesh out their personalities and their stories. It makes the world come alive.

Unspeakable damage to a standing enemy.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 25, 2016, 01:57:21 PM

God yes. In the vein a successful bash, kick or disarm reversal feels amazing. Also, backhanding someone with the brawl code when you're sitting at a bar and they try to attack you.

This is why everyone loves Half-Giants with AI Strength.

I was in Salarr YEARS ago with one, he would sometimes one hit dangerous ass critters and cause them to explode blood over everyone.

I hated hunting with him because I came out stained every single time. heh.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 25, 2016, 02:00:00 PM

God yes. In the vein a successful bash, kick or disarm reversal feels amazing. Also, backhanding someone with the brawl code when you're sitting at a bar and they try to attack you.

You always backhand someone when you're sitting at the bar and they try to >hit you.

Critical disarm reversal successes tho, those are also good. I still remember doing my first on an Arena braxat.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 25, 2016, 02:04:28 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 25, 2016, 02:00:00 PM

You always backhand someone when you're sitting at the bar and they try to >hit you.

Hah, nope. Only if your skills that determine brawl code are better than theirs. Otherwise you get "so and so roughly grabs you by the shoulder and tries to haul you out of your seat" or something like that.

Being able to sell a high value item and the merchant actually having the coin.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Quote from: ChibiTama on March 25, 2016, 02:29:52 PM
Being able to sell a high value item and the merchant actually having the coin.

SuccessKid.jpg
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Random echoes from staff out in the sands.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

That feel when a really great future concept pops into your head.

(followed by that sad feel when you realize you're in the middle of a role and you don't want to store)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."