My god this place hasn't died?!?!

Started by Powermonger, October 06, 2003, 03:13:09 PM

I was a student at UIUC when someone told me about this brand new mud based on the Dark Sun books, and even though the Imp was like 14/15 years old it was pretty good. (I think I was 19)

Anyways it was a very nice diku, and better then most at the time, plus it had a good twist.  I became this first immortal (levels back then) and ended up one level short of IMP.

We worked on the concept of going from a diku into something very different with real death, roleplaying, and features no other mud had at the time.  You should have seen the discussions on how to not have names yet not have 1000 sdescs of 'a man in a black hooded cloak'.

Anyways we were somehow forced to move ISP's and with the new ISP we had a few new imps (hosts were rare then so host = imp), one of which had some pretty bad maturity issues (abusive to new players, logged on my character to find it was renamed 'a giant penis', that sort of thing  :wink: ).  I figured Armageddon wouldn't last to much longer (there was more), at least not as a popular mud, so I swiched to MUME instead.

I'm really glad to see it survived and is doing well.

Powermonger (horrible name I know, but hey I was 19, and muds were new)

You gonna stick around this time? We have made some changes, I'd be interested to hear what you have to think. We'd love it if you stayed.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

The ancient dream has been realized, brother!

Join us...
Back from a long retirement