Main Guild Discussion

Started by wizturbo, February 24, 2016, 03:56:54 PM

Make only one guild that can reach master in every skill.

And give everyone unicorns.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Make every creature in the game mountable.

Only let Templar Guild ask for consent

Quote from: Yam on June 30, 2016, 01:14:05 AM

Including all humanoid races. >.> *whistle*
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Put level minimums and guild restrictions on all the weapons and armor. (Joking)

warrior: Give warriors scan to journeyman so they can guard stuff from the sneaky. Or at least subguild guard.
Assassin: I haven't played any successful ones, but making backstab branch instead of the other is a great idea.
Burglars: are perfect. I do wish that slight of hand came first, but eh. I like them now too.
Pickpocket: are perfect.

Merchants: I think it would be best if people got to choose what crafting skills they began with. I think this would promote traders to specialize in one craft more often than every merchant ever created just trying to sell everything whenever they can. (which I think is cool too) I just don't ever see shoe salesman very often. This would fall under leather working and obviously if they can work leather they're not /just/ going to make shoes, because they need coins! They're going to leather work armor and what have you. And I just think that if people could pick which skills they started with it would promote this specialized salesperson idea.

Ranger: lower the bandage skill - in the helpfile it says that rangers are modest healers, but honestly they're as good as subguild physician. I have yet to play apothecary and I have yet to get a merchant good enough at bandage to tell the difference.
I think ranger's bandage is so good it's like magick. If it gets better than this, my mind is going to be blown away.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: bardlyone on June 30, 2016, 01:48:23 AM
Quote from: Yam on June 30, 2016, 01:14:05 AM

Including all humanoid races. >.> *whistle*

yes this, mudsex partner mounting go!!!!

the tressy tressed fme is here being rode by the slobbering, scar riddled man!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Please do the 'mounting people' thing for april fools next year or something.
Then keep it for half giants so I Dont need to buy mounts anymore.

June 30, 2016, 11:40:43 AM #258 Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:51:52 AM by nauta
Quote from: Armaddict on June 30, 2016, 12:28:45 AM
Still adamant against the combination of pp, burglar, and assassin.  The combination of those guilds put together is staggeringly out of whack.  The moment my assassin can also manipulate your inventory without fear and break through every door and never fail climb checks is a very bad moment for the game, in my opinion.

All that we really gain out of it is people feeling more powerful as those characters and more burglars and pickpockets being played.  None of those are particularly good things.

I'm not against tweaking of them on their own.  But making them all one is the creation of the class called 'nightmare'.

Yeah I can see the worry with a sneak who is best burglar, best pickpocket, and best backstabber.

My idea would be for a generic Rogue (or Assassin) class, which would have all the flex like Ranger does (and with capped combat skills like Ranger): it'd have scan, hide, climb, sneak, listen, sleight of hand, poison, brew, and so on (like the Assassins/Rangers do, but with city versions).  It'd have steal/lockpick/backstab set at something like journeyman, however.

You could then choose to go with the Pickpocket Subguild to get master steal or the Burglar subguild to get master lockpick or Assassin subguild to get master backstab.  Or something
roughly like that.

The motivation here is how fun it is to play a ranger owing to the flexibility a Ranger offers, and how limited Pickpockets are (in my experience).

Your options at chargen then would be:

Do you want to play someone who is awesome outside the city? (Ranger)
Do you want to play someone who is awesome at smashing things? (Warrior)
Do you want to play someone who is awesome inside the city? (Rogue)
Do you want to play someone who makes stuff? (Merchant)

You could then qualify that awesomeness with subguild choices.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quotewarrior: Give warriors scan to journeyman so they can guard stuff from the sneaky. Or at least subguild guard.

Should be noted that anecdotally...people with guard higher than j-man are often harder to prevent attacks from than someone who is stealthy.  High guard skill seems to go against other people's guard attempts.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Warriors should get lower skinning too. Journeyman skinning is good enough to make a living off of. And with this new skinning thing, warriors'll be fine with extremely low level skinning - if not just novice now.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on June 30, 2016, 03:29:01 PM
Warriors should get lower skinning too. Journeyman skinning is good enough to make a living off of. And with this new skinning thing, warriors'll be fine with extremely low level skinning - if not just novice now.

Stupid fucking idea.

Downgraded to simply stupid idea.

Warrior skinning is fine. You'll bungle about 30% of your cuts in my experience. Better to keep it where it is; if you lower it, you'll just encourage people to do more spam hunting.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 30, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

Stupid fucking idea.

Warrior skinning is fine. You'll bungle about 30% of your cuts in my experience. Better to keep it where it is; if you lower it, you'll just encourage people to do more spam hunting.

I'm going to spam hunt you.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

You ineptly hack the body into pieces.

I don't agree with a combination of everything. Only a combination of pickpocket and burglar into a Thief. Thief should be a city class, ranger more wilderness based, assassin should be useful both city and wilderness terrain, a bit like warrior somewhat is as well.

I think poison and backstab should be usable with all bladed weapons of modest size. Therefore Assassins starting with slashing,piercing and chopping with stealth usable on any terrain. They would loose bludgeon and sap. The new thief class getting piercing/bludgeon for weapon weapon skills and sap.

Quote from: Dresan on June 30, 2016, 06:40:28 PM
I don't agree with a combination of everything. Only a combination of pickpocket and burglar into a Thief. Thief should be a city class, ranger more wilderness based, assassin should be useful both city and wilderness terrain, a bit like warrior somewhat is as well.

I think poison and backstab should be usable with all bladed weapons of modest size. Therefore Assassins starting with slashing,piercing and chopping with stealth usable on any terrain. They would loose bludgeon and sap. The new thief class getting piercing/bludgeon for weapon weapon skills and sap.

Preach it brother!

Stupid fucking idea.

Well sure, I guess. If warriors were more interested in making coin then they were surviving - because of the new skinning thing. And spam hunting just means they need a hunter of some sort. They should drag those bodies back to camp or whatever and have it skinned by someone who knows how. ... or just spam skin everything. I'm okay with spam skinning as long as they realize they could be doing things a different way to get what they want.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on June 30, 2016, 08:52:11 PM

Stupid fucking idea.

Well sure, I guess. If warriors were more interested in making coin then they were surviving - because of the new skinning thing. And spam hunting just means they need a hunter of some sort. They should drag those bodies back to camp or whatever and have it skinned by someone who knows how. ... or just spam skin everything. I'm okay with spam skinning as long as they realize they could be doing things a different way to get what they want.

Frankly, most Warriors prioritize things that don't help with skinning, per se. With the new spoiling code, and their relatively shit cooking skill, Warriors don't do well with hunting as it is. Lowering the skinning max WOULD cause them to over-hunt the visible spawning mobs just to get a few pieces of meat that they'll probably burn trying to eat.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The way skinning works now is kind of silly. Anyone can get some meat from a corpse. Every corpse should have at least one meat item that pops out with a skin failure.

Quote from: Yam on June 30, 2016, 10:12:13 PM
The way skinning works now is kind of silly. Anyone can get some meat from a corpse. Every corpse should have at least one meat item that pops out with a skin failure.

Yep.  Especially with large creatures. 
I can see someone with poor skinning not getting anything useful from a relatively small animal, but when it's a fair sized creature it's hard for me to imagine that I just hacked the entire corpse up to the point that I couldn't even get a one-bite strip of meat from it.

You ineptly hack the mek to pieces.

QuoteWelcome to Meatcraft!
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the beginning of a new world!

Welcome to Meatcraft!

Over the past few months our staff, and more importantly, our builders have been hard at work on a new project to bring the world to life. But how, you ask yourself? Well, we went through all the animals of the Gol Krathu, and looked over the skinning lists - then we decided to mix things up.

We've made sure every animal in the region can be harvested for some form of meat or food product. We've also made sure that they drop at least one resource item a piece. In some cases this meant increasing the amount of meat large animals drop, changing the hides certain animals drop, and in very specific instances completely recreating the skinning file for certain animals. Then we went through and made sure every single item had at least one basic recipe that someone with a proper crafting skill can use.

There are approximately 100 new items being put into the game right now for you to go out, find, and use - and this is only the beginning. Other regions will begin to see similar changes as the months go by.

Go forth and hunt!

I haven't got a chance to check this change out yet for it to prove my point, but seriously, ya'll... I've played warriors with no hunting background and done fine with how it is. There's nothing incredibly terrible about it now, and if it were made worse, I'm absolutely sure people would be fine. Oh, yeah... and I did it on foot mostly as a non d-elf. This was even /before/ there were hordes of chalton outside of allanak. And was during the time gortok surprised me by chasing me after I fled.
I hardly ever see spoiling of food happen and people can definitely survive on over-cooked food even if they hunger faster and get full less.

of course... I'm a minimalist even in game.
But again, I agree. More failures would increase the amount of spam OR need of someone with more skill.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"with how it is" meaning, with the new spoil code?

Because I've played Warriors that, unless they had another source of food coming in, had a real hard time eating non-raw, non-burned cuts of meat.

Maybe its just me, but I'm not going to eat shriveled bunches of meat because "codedly it makes me full". I actually like to eat a nice steak once in a while.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

July 01, 2016, 12:41:11 AM #273 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:19:10 AM by Chettaman
lol. (I'm not laughing at you. I'm definitely laughing with you)

Anyone who is currently roleplaying with me can tell you that I too roleplay eating good food compared to just SURVIVING. But that's part of my roleplay.

I also think cooking should be so much easier.
**this may change the fears people have about "over-hunting".
*** I didn't mean to make the above sound like I my roleplay was better or worse. I'm only trying to send the message that "yes. Life in the game is hard. But not so hard as to make it unplayable. or even close to being so." You don't need to know game mechanics, you just need to... understand the world these characters live in.

Ya live somewhere. You go out 'n kill enough for a few days of living, considering you burn it or not. While the chance of burning food is ridiculous it's not /that/ rare you manage to cook something well. Then you enjoy yourself until you have to do it over again.
Live like God.
Love like God.

If you wanna go a little crazy, make the advanced weapons pop in at journeyman for warrior, but at advanced, make it so that warriors branch that specific kind of weaponcrafting up to apprentence.
There are already quite a few subguilds that let you make knives and spears that also offer other useful skills, all the way up to advanced. I figure a man who has nearly mastered swordwork would be able to make a basic sword to cut with in a desperate situation, but never really be even decent at it.

You could even possibly offer the same for the advanced weaponry, too, if they ever manage to get those skills that high.