Subguild and Sorcerer Changes

Started by John, February 15, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

food and water easier to get?

give me back scavenger and i'll show you easy.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Argh, I was hoping that we could just automatically pick the karma guild / extended guild if we had the karma for it.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 16, 2016, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Case on February 16, 2016, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on February 16, 2016, 02:32:11 PM
Let's all roll ranger/cutpurses and stand around hiding in the Gaj and spotting each other with scan.
Better than idling

Hidling

That's in subguild: Bogre
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on February 16, 2016, 08:43:34 PM
Argh, I was hoping that we could just automatically pick the karma guild / extended guild if we had the karma for it.

You can, but you can't pick a combination of karma guild and karma subguild without a request tool app, just like before.

Quote from: Mordiggian on February 17, 2016, 02:15:49 AM
Quote from: Bogre on February 16, 2016, 08:43:34 PM

You can, but you can't pick a combination of karma guild and karma subguild without a request tool app, just like before.

Yea, the automatic picking of the combos is part what I was excited about. I don't like to special app! (I actually don't think I ever have, for anything not a role call)

Special apps for extended subguilds seem to have a pretty quick turnaround. They can also be done while your current character is alive.

Rogue and Cutthroat still need their helpfiles updated.

Hunter:
~ Has lost: fletchery and sneak.
~ Now has ride.

Does this apply to current characters? If you have a hunter, are you just going to have fletchery and outdoor sneak ripped from your skillset?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 17, 2016, 12:24:06 PM
Rogue and Cutthroat still need their helpfiles updated.

JEET CHRIST MOM, I'LL DO IT AFTER THIS GAME.

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

February 17, 2016, 05:12:21 PM #186 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:13:56 PM by Delirium
I suggest listing out the subguilds (basic vs karma required) in the menu much like guilds are.

Would help clarify things a lot more than the somewhat crammed-looking list we currently have in the helpfiles.

So:

Subguilds
> Standard
>> List of Standard Subs
> Karma Required
>> List of Karma Required Subs

for streamlining sake I would do away with the term 'extended subguilds' and just say 'karma required subguilds'

so it's 'karma required guilds' and 'karma required subguilds'

to reduce any newbie confusion about wtf an extended sub is.

but that's just me.

I like that idea a lot.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

February 17, 2016, 06:00:00 PM #188 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:02:07 PM by Asanadas
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Tiny suggestion, and a question.  Question first:

1. I thought apothecarists untapped the majesty of 'floristry' with the new change, but there is no mention of it in the help file.   Am I wrong?

2. Tiny suggestion.  Change 'master the art of brewing' to 'do advanced work in the art of brewing' (since apothecarists only get brewing to 'advanced' according to the second paragraph).  Probably not worth it.
An apothecary possesses the basic skills and knowledge of a physician - the ability to staunch wounds and create the bandages and poultices needed to do so. Apothecaries take their calling a little more seriously, however, going on to master the art of brewing. Some will dabble in consumables such as soaps and candles, while others specialize in the medicinal aspect of salves and poultices. Apothecaries are skilled at foraging for the things needed in their concoctions.

Apothecaries begin play with bandage, forage, and bandagemaking. They can achieve advanced levels in bandage and forage, and achieve mastery in bandagemaking, allowing them to mastercraft new kinds of bandages, splints, and poultices for the injured. Sufficient practice in bandaging will lead to knowledge of brewing, which apothecaries can practice to an advanced level.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I noticed the links on the karma page are screwed up.
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Karma%20Options

They probably shouldn't be in a dd where Bootstrap gives it that horrible offset.  I mean, why not just make the class names the links?
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I'm sort of dissatisfied by some the the extended subs now that I know the levels they get in skills.

why? they rock.

apothecaries should master brewing. they're apothecaries. it's their job to be masters of the art of brewing.

a·poth·e·car·y
əˈpäTHiˌkerē/
nounarchaic
noun: apothecary; plural noun: apothecaries

a person who prepared and sold medicines and drugs.

Origin

drugs. medicine.

master brew.

nothing to do with bandaging in that definition.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I was spoiled on the better advanced subguilds.

February 18, 2016, 08:08:25 AM #194 Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:16:23 AM by Dresan
My beef with rogue is that I wouldn't entrust my character's life with  journeyman sneak/hide on anything but an elf(maybe) or a ranger.  Considering the skills it lost, and the fact that journeyman climb isn't good enough for anything but getting out of the holes you've already fallen into, I think bumping that to advanced would be okay.

Sap is also a thieves tool in my book, but I can master assassin becoming decent at it (though i can see them not in the future too with more killing focused tool set). I don't think slipknife should get sap. Not to mention sap needs a completely different tool set then you've been practicing with backstab to make it effective. Instead of sap I would have liked to see something any guild taking it would have found a bit more useful, like master throw (but that would make it into a real killer wouldn't it?), or even city hunt.

cutpurse should get advanced sleight of hand like thief, and someone should get advanced sap. :D

These are small observations and thoughts though. Overall I like what I see, their current level of strength makes them fit being low karna extended sub-guilds.

Huge thank you to staff for these exciting changes. :)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Rogues get watch... I thought everyone got watch? Was it removed from some guilds?

The numerous Jman caps on rogue do seem pretty blah.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 18, 2016, 01:15:24 PM
The numerous Jman caps on rogue do seem pretty blah.

Agreed.   Rogue doesn't seem any better than a normal subguild in some cases because of the low caps.

Cutpurse also has all of its skills capped at journeyman.
Alea iacta est