idea for crafters

Started by 650Booger, February 14, 2016, 05:32:43 PM

This ain't ADOM, son.

Merchants are not an adventuring class.  You could, I suppose, roll a merchant/protector and -maybe- not die instantly during your first encounter (I don't know, because -my- merchant/protector died pretty much instantly in his first encounter).

Merchants, however, can be plenty fun...you just have to have pretty high and peak playtimes if you want to get any of the good stuff accomplished.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I thought it would be cool if damaged armor couldn't be worn anymore and required someone to do armor repair on it.  Having a merchant around for that kind of logistical support (behind front lines) makes sense to me.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I remember playing in the Byn with a Merchant/Aggressor. He wasn't great in combat, but he could lick most of the fresh warriors for their first day or two played. Where he really shined was outfitting the group with stuff he crafted, or simply taking new runners to the Bazaar and haggling down the merchant NPCs for them.  Awesome player / character.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on February 15, 2016, 08:31:46 AM
I remember playing in the Byn with a Merchant/Aggressor. He wasn't great in combat, but he could lick most of the fresh warriors for their first day or two played. Where he really shined was outfitting the group with stuff he crafted, or simply taking new runners to the Bazaar and haggling down the merchant NPCs for them.  Awesome player / character.

Hah. I took this to mean YOU played in the Byn with the Merc/Agg as YOUR character. Until the last line made it clear that he was a clanmate or you just have really good self esteem.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison