Do you prioritize stats?

Yes
27 (73%)
No
2 (5.4%)
It depends
8 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

February 15, 2016, 04:36:41 AM #25 Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:50:09 AM by Kryos
I have learned it doesn't matter for me, I'll never see an AI stat(insert crying here).  But yes, I always prioritize and have a fairly stable order I use based on role type.

I think I know what stat I always prioritize first.

if you give WIS a low priority, do you then RP your character as not very intelligent? 
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

February 17, 2016, 06:50:08 AM #28 Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:52:32 AM by John
Quote from: 650Booger on February 17, 2016, 06:11:50 AM
if you give WIS a low priority, do you then RP your character as not very intelligent?  
Wisdom is my current character's worse score. It is average. Dumping wisdom doesn't mean you're not smart (can't remember what score I put wisdom on. I know it wasn't my highest score).

Also I reject the idea that you cannot be smart if you have a low wisdom score. Wisdom in Armageddon represents how quickly you learn new things. You can be knowledgeable (have high ranks in various different skills) and yet have low wisdom. It represents for Half-Giants how easily fooled they are, but they could be quite knowledgable and may pick up new things very quickly (although have no deep understanding of what they're doing). You could also be cunning, but not be very knowledgeable about things.

A low wisdom score should definitely represent something about your character. But IMO it does not necessarily mean you have low intelligence.

I treat WIS like DnD would treat WIS. We don't have an INT stat, because thats more of an RP tool here. If you have low WIS you might be the kind of person who constantly makes the same mistakes and doesn't learn from them (read: the bad criminal who keeps trying to steal from the same people).

Or, perhaps, you're the dwarf-like focus kind of person who doesn't have the capacity to focus on several things at once... if its not in front of you at the current moment it may as well not exist.

Shit, could take the mystical route a la magickers and even suggest that having low WIS means you're not as 'attuned' to your environment (or your self) and you thusly aren't very observant of your physical surroundings, or emotions of others.

Or its just a dump stat because you aren't a filthy witch/casual and plan on grinding until you're gud anyway.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.