Paper and the bathroom

Started by Silent Bob, October 03, 2003, 02:27:43 PM

Since leaves and paper are scarce, what do people wipe there butt with when they go potty?  Dear insect shells, mandible tendrals?

Wipe?

:twisted:

Heh, that's pretty gross.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Maybe they drag their asses in the sand like a dog in heat.

Ever wonder why in some countries (normaly desert types) one hand is considered unclean and offering it to someone is a huge insult?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

This has come up before..

And turned into some kind of flaming snowball, but nevermind.

--Marie

In certain areas in game, the hygene habits of Zalanthas are described rather in depth... And it ain't pretty. With that said, I've seen sand and straw used as an attempt to clean oneself up after a messy bought of diaherra. In general, however, I assume Zalanthans wipe less than we do. Maybe every other time, or less. Really, you can live without it, it's just icky.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Oh for the love of...

Just carry a rag or something if it is really -that- big of deal to you.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I just assume people use a rag or something - not because they're looking to keep themselves fresh and clean, but because with all of that dry heat I'd imagine a 'crusty' would do a good job of severely irritating the skin and open one up to all kinds of infections.

When you consider how many Zalanthan people make a living by being very active, from hunters riding around on a kank to traders who collect raw goods, craft them into something and then walk around hawking them in a Bazaar, I'd imagine a lot of them would take great care in avoiding things that would create an obvious threat to their continued mobility.

A lot of my warriors are very careful with themselves and depending on how well they're doing in life will make sure to eat a balanced diet, be careful who they sleep with to avoid 'crotch rot' and other made-up Zalanthan STDs, and just generally make a point of taking good care of themselves... after all, if they were ever in a position where they were no longer able to fight, they'd be pretty screwed.

I know we like to talk about how harsh the game is, but when you look from PC to PC, almost none of them are like that image of the toothless woman (HAWT!!) posted in another thread. Looking from NPC to NPC, a lot of the NPCs are either fairly clean and well groomed or to the extreme of being a walking mass of crippling scars and dirt. Just based on that I think its reasonable to assume that Zalanthan people will do what they can to make themselves as clean as reasonably possible, just not to the same degree a modern people would, and certainly more out of health concerns then to be more 'appealing'.

Just my jumbled thoughts.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

QuoteMaybe they drag their asses in the sand like a dog in heat.

HAHA - This would be my signature right now, if I didn't have such a spiffy one already. Speaking of bodily excretions, do Zalanthans have public toilets like the Romans? Not for House members or anything, but just a public bathroom for all the commoners to use?
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

QuoteSpeaking of bodily excretions, do Zalanthans have public toilets like the Romans? Not for House members or anything, but just a public bathroom for all the commoners to use?

Not sure. I've always figured that chamber pots were the last technology... I imagine the Gaj might have a pot or two which they empty every week or so (ugh) and would be your best bet for a public toilet.

If chamber pots were big, it could make for some fun RP as a group of PCs marching down the street take care to stay towards the middle... Maybe pushing that Runner or Recruit they can't stand into the ditch, eh?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I know in many places in Nak (Bazaar, Caravan Way, all places people pass) there are these pipes... they look to be caked in poop and whatnot. I'm going to assume people have chamber pots and empty them into those pipes.

Hehe ..... the Romans used a sponge on the stick to wipe their asses, and everyone used the same one. Anyone care for seconds?
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Since water is scarce on Zalanthas, I might imagine that our poop would be pretty dry and ... um ... chunky? You really only need wipe your ass if your poop is moist and splattery you know.  :D

I've never been curious about this myself, seeing it never seemed to be something I needed to RP out.  *shrug*
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".