NPCs Never Die!

Started by Taven, December 25, 2015, 01:37:18 PM

Quote from: John on February 16, 2016, 07:53:10 AM
Please don't take Vennant away. We've already lost Clint from Trader's Inn. Let's not lose Vennant as well. I say no to NPCs dying or getting replaced (except where appropriate such as through a dramatic grisly death).

You mean Clint from the Sanctuary, right?  He's probably still around, behind the closed gates of Tuluk.

Ranlish was the quiet bartender from Trader's Inn, and he's currently back in business in the Arboretum Bar (coming back from the dead is even fishier than Vennant's multiple Kings Age reign in the Gaj!)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on February 16, 2016, 01:18:54 PMRanlish was the quiet bartender from Trader's Inn, and he's currently back in business in the Arboretum Bar (coming back from the dead is even fishier than Vennant's multiple Kings Age reign in the Gaj!)
That was his name! Good to hear :)

Bring Ranlish back from the dead was one of my requirements for the new upscale quarters in Allanak.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

NPC's not getting "The Dead" from old age doesn't bother me.

If someone goes through the effort of killing them in a meaningful storyline plot, I would like to see that NPC go away, but old age, nah, doesn't bother me a bit.

(By meaningful storyline plot, I mean they have somehow engaged this NPC in part of a plot either directly or as a third party where the plot is known to the staff likely in advance. Have an ongoing fued with Vennant in The Gaj? Want to kill him? Pass it by staff and let them know what's up. If you manage to kill him, he should go away etc...)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

It is very sad, and a bit shocking when an NPC dies, though at the time I was OOC worried that after all our crying, they might have got a rez. Me of little faith.