Rangers OP or Just Right? Split from RAT

Started by hopeandsorrow, December 21, 2015, 05:58:40 PM

scout

Shield_use
ride
direction sense
trample
archery/scan (I'd love archery but can see scan being more in line)

I'd take it for anything that wasn't a warrior/ranger. This is assuming warrior gets higher ride and direction sense. Again, I think trample should be removed from all the classes except rangers, and those with good animal rapport and adding to all the current sub-guilds with ride.

I think warriors should get hands-free ride, but if they want trample or charge they need to get a sub-guild. They can fight like a beast, but getting their beasts to help in a fight properly is ranger territory, in my opinion at least.

I don't think more subguilds is even close to the answer to fixing main-guilds. I like the ideas for a skill to dismount people. That would be sick as fuck.

Some people seem to be saying that "I pick ranger more than any other class, because of its utility". Which to me says "they get more useful skills, and are codedly decent at them, than other classes".

If one of the what... 6 main classes that we have is picked significantly more than the others, isn't that the definition of OP? I'd like the numbers, know I won't get them, but I'm sure the staff are able to find out how many in-game characters are of a certain skill-set.

And I'd like to bet that, based on my in game experience.... everyone is an assassin.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 10, 2016, 05:05:13 AM
I don't think more subguilds is even close to the answer to fixing main-guilds. I like the ideas for a skill to dismount people. That would be sick as fuck.

I could find some damn good use for that scout sub-guild though.

Anyways I don't think dismounting people should be a new skill, but an extension of another skill. If you master bash for example, then you should be able to use that knowledge and try to knock people off their mounts, whether on foot or mounted yourself.

On a side note, you should be able to try to kick doors downs based on skill and strength (think mining or cutting trees) but get insta crim-flagged. I know some people have suggested bashing doors down but kick needs love too, and it would make taking a sub-guild with kick more awesome. 

Guard needs to work better against running people.

January 10, 2016, 03:56:27 PM #255 Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:14:53 PM by Dresan
It would be nice if guard also had a chance to work against fleeing people you were in combat with too. With extra attack applying first, and then there being a chance to block them from escaping.

I have to admit if warrior got even half these buffs then you could probably leave ranger alone. Warrior would be an awesome choice without touching ranger.  

Yeah, we've pretty much gone through every relationship in discussion and said 'Buff it.  Buff it.  Buff it.'

There was a time when there was actual argument about 'Why ranger?' with the only stated boon being desert quit, which people said wasn't worth it at the time.  It led to mounted combat.  It's funny how that pendulum swings.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

We should make a separate thread for assassins.

ASSASSINS some random ideas:

They should get a flee skill that makes them go invisible, like that gith everyone hates.

Assassins need actual traps. Like so: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,47721.0.html

They should get caltrops to drop that do light dmg to hp and movement-points.

They should get max climb.  They should start with sap and brew. They should have bandaging to max.

Backstab should be something you can use with any non-bludgening weapon.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 10, 2016, 04:27:52 PM
ASSASSINS some random ideas:

They should get a flee skill that makes them go invisible, like that gith everyone hates.

Assassins need actual traps. Like so: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,47721.0.html

They should get caltrops to drop that do light dmg to hp and movement-points.

They should get max climb.  They should start with sap and brew. They should have bandaging to max.

Backstab should be something you can use with any non-bludgening weapon.

Officially per a request interaction, that gith is a coded bug of some kind that they haven't been able to properly identify "why" he does that.

Funny, per a request interaction, its "working as intended"

2015-03-27 09:25:21AM (289 days ago)
What's up with the Gith disappearing act? It's super creepy when a Gith is knocked down on the round and suddenly all combat stops and the crickets in the dunes are just chirping at us. Is it a script that kicks in on them, or is there some kind of bug? Should I report it as a bug?
Other by Nyr
2015-03-27 09:51:28AM (289 days ago)

Your Question request has been resolved.

It is a bug.  We haven't fixed it because it can be explained away IC, but we will get around to it eventually.

Nyr
Producer
Armageddon Staff

It is a bug.  We haven't fixed it because it can be explained away IC, but we will get around to it eventually.

"You can explain it away IC" means "working as intended" to me.

Quote from: Riev on January 10, 2016, 07:48:57 PM

Then your definition of "you can explain it away IC" is vastly skewed. What I read is, "you can explain it away ICly, but it is a bug, and thus is a product of code that we can and will eventually fix."

Which is exactly what he says. "We haven't fixed it because it can be explained away IC, but we will get around to it eventually."

Quote from: Saellyn on January 10, 2016, 09:27:24 PM

Then your definition of "you can explain it away IC" is vastly skewed. What I read is, "you can explain it away ICly, but it is a bug, and thus is a product of code that we can and will eventually fix."

Which is exactly what he says. "We haven't fixed it because it can be explained away IC, but we will get around to it eventually."

Not really sure why one gith vanishing is a huge ordeal anyways.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

He does it mid-combat. He literally just vanishes into thin air.

It's jarring, and annoying, and I've searched for him -everywhere- and I don't think he's hiding, so much as -gone-.

Wow, I don't even want to know how this derail happened, I just wanted to make my joke:

PC gith should totally quit ooc during battles in honor of this gith!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I don't think you can quit ooc mid-fight.

Flee self, w. W. W . W. E. N. S. Diagonally triangle. Quit ooc im that gith man!

Stinky worn out gith pants are in high demand.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA