Old Hawk

Started by Seeker, December 16, 2015, 07:10:43 PM

I would suggest we implement "aging" on "pet objects" like hawks and lizards and such forth.

One option - they could all be coded as food objects and use the new additional code.   Instead of spoiling, we could have it apply to aging.  And death.  Especially death.

Are we weary of immortal songbirds and 700 year-old owls loitering around perpetually in certain clan rooms.  Arabetti need to keep selling, but if the ones sold eight years ago IRL never die, the market is screwed.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

The ancient, war-scarred falcon.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

They're ageless shapeshifting magickers. Code is working as intended.
This idea is great.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Bodyguards that died 80 - 130 ingame years ago, and yet still protect entirely different Nobles now..

The heavily spoiled a cockroach

Quote from: Tuannon on December 16, 2015, 11:27:02 PM
Bodyguards that died 80 - 130 ingame years ago, and yet still protect entirely different Nobles now..

This is mainly due to it being a hassle to set up new bodyguards where we can better spend our time making and doing more useful things.

Just pretend they're all just sons and daughters of the ones who died and they look uncannily like their parents and have similar life stories.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Akariel on December 17, 2015, 06:42:30 AM

This is mainly due to it being a hassle to set up new bodyguards where we can better spend our time making and doing more useful things.
Redescribe old ones?

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 17, 2015, 08:31:01 AM
Quote from: Akariel on December 17, 2015, 06:42:30 AM

Redescribe old ones?

That would be "setting up new bodyguards" and hence, the hassle.

+1 OP.

Then I can play a <redacted> and start a menagerie of undead songbirds.

In the meantime, someone needs to play a dwarf whose focus is "Free all the animals," and runs around sapping people with pet items.

say (tossing ~songbird into the sky) "Fly free, feathered friend!"

junk songbird (letting it fly from ^me hands)

Personally I think setting up new bodyguards isn't that hard and updating other family member npcs should have some priority as well.

As for the op it sounds like a great idea. With this version of 'morphing', it could open up a lot of other doors hopefully.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Quote from: Centurion on December 25, 2015, 05:04:14 AM
Personally I think setting up new bodyguards isn't that hard and updating other family member npcs should have some priority as well.

As for the op it sounds like a great idea. With this version of 'morphing', it could open up a lot of other doors hopefully.

Its not super hard, you're right.

I handle two noble clans though. That means I have ~4-8 reports to read through and answer a week, most of the time at least 2 questions or requests outside of reports, animations to keep it so my clans don't feel like its only the PC's in the clan, and various ideas and plots I'm working on for those clans. That's not to mention various projects I'm handling on the side.

By the time all of that is said and done, my creativity levels are pretty low. I -could- go in and edit a guard to give nobles a new thing to look at, but it's more creativity I could better use elsewhere. Not to mention if I make one guard, every noble will want a new one - some in clans I don't manage.

With that in mind, do you think new guards would be worthwhile for immersion? I could see about putting some time into creating 2-3 more per House if the answer is yes.

I mean, for nostalgias sake, I think, keeping guards as they are is nice. Maybe put out a call for new guards through submissions and have players help write a few?

I started a new topic for the NPCs not dying thing.

On the subject of aging pet objects, I like the idea.

I also think pets having coded echoes of being fussy, noisy, or pooping would also be nice. Usually they just sit quietly, forgotten about, on someone's shoulder. Forever. Through anything!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.