Mounts, Stabling Fees, and You (When Banking Outrage Just Isn't Enough)

Started by Taven, August 04, 2015, 07:58:55 PM

What sort of mount fees would you like to see?

I would support a flat-fee increase depending on mount type
25 (50%)
I would support time-based fees connected to mount type
1 (2%)
I would support a rent-based system connected to mount type
1 (2%)
I would support a mix of systems (please elaborate)
1 (2%)
I have my own suggestion (please elaborate)
2 (4%)
I want a change to fees but don't have any idea what
0 (0%)
I don't want any changes to fees
20 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 50

So it seems like the vast majority of people (if they want a fee), want a flat fee, for playability sake.

So what would a good flat fee increase be? My example has inix, but what other mounts would have prohibitive care or dietary restrictions that might be relevant? Beetles in the north? Sunlons in the south?

Here's the flat-fee premise: (Feel free to comment on if you think the example prices are reasonable or not--I tried to make them make sense!)

Quote from: Taven on August 04, 2015, 07:58:55 PM
Flat Fee Increase

Flat fee increase is just like it sounds. Depending on the type of mount you have and where you stable it, it can cost more to get it back.

Example:

Mount      Morin's      Luirs      Allanak      Storm
Inix      30 coins      35 coins      40 coins      50 coins

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Mount type might be fair. Time though, time rent would be horrible for those people that only play on the weekends. I would be paying more then anyone else to take out my mount, but I haven't been on all week to make those coins.
Quote from: Olgaris
Entering the Labyrinth is definitely not illegal.
Being a desert elf is not illegal.
A Templar can kill you for both.

Quote from: Taven on August 09, 2015, 03:24:58 PM
So it seems like the vast majority of people (if they want a fee), want a flat fee, for playability sake.

So what would a good flat fee increase be? My example has inix, but what other mounts would have prohibitive care or dietary restrictions that might be relevant? Beetles in the north? Sunlons in the south?

Here's the flat-fee premise: (Feel free to comment on if you think the example prices are reasonable or not--I tried to make them make sense!)

Quote from: Taven on August 04, 2015, 07:58:55 PM
Flat Fee Increase

Flat fee increase is just like it sounds. Depending on the type of mount you have and where you stable it, it can cost more to get it back.

Example:

Mount      Morin's      Luirs      Allanak      Storm
Inix      30 coins      35 coins      40 coins      50 coins

If I had to pick I'd also pick flat-fee.  I do like the idea of different mounts costing differently, stabling mounts from different areas costing more is great too.

However, I'd just like to point out any significant fee increase will operate to screw the Byn (unless like the new changes to banking fees tiered discounts are available to organizations, or the Byn gets their own stables).  Unless something's changed, a Bynner wanting to go on contract must pay out of pocket for stable fees.  Their Sergeant may elect to pay for them, but then the Sergeant is taking it out of their pay.  Depending on how large the increase is, (1) it may start to cause Bynners to not be able to go on contract, (2) or the Byn to have to raise fees for contracts, resulting in less people wanting to hire the Byn and Bynners having less money (bringing us back to (1)).  I guess this might result in Bynners trying to be more creative or breaking the rules to earn outside of their normal role, which is good in an OOC way, but people might just stop joining the Byn if it becomes overly onerous.

Screwing indys good, screwing Byn bad.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

While I support the flat fee standard currently instituted. I would much rather have more varity of mounts available to the larger citizens, giants kind of get screwed with this increase since they can only ride Inix, and one other mount that shall not be named. IF this is instituted, I would like to see more benifits to riding an inix as an off shoot. AFAIK beetles are far superior on nearly every aspect over inix, and to have cheaper stabling fees over inix, I see the giants being the only ones getting the short end of this stick.
Inix cost more initially, will cost more to stable, can't carry nearly as much as a beetle, has less stamina than a beetle, is faster and larger than a beetle though.

What would you all think is something that brings INIX in line with beetles to justify a rate hike. IMHO They should carry more than beetles, or possibly allow inix to tow sleds that have a huge carrying capacity a sled would attach to the inix, and act similar to a bag being dragged by a PC, or have it be pack animal that can only be hitched to an inix before it is movable, and have it's carrying capacity increased to stupid level like ten logs (Which is how many logs I've seen on a beetle before).

Sorry working to muchand tired, I'll try to make snce of this later.
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"