13 (14.3%)
assassin
12 (13.2%)
burglar
4 (4.4%)
pickpocket
4 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Warrior, ranger, and burglar with ranger only a hair behind warrior.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

My pickpockets have tended to die the most interesting deaths, compared to everyone else.

I seem to alternate my characters between mundane, magicker, mundane, etc.

Merchants are my preferred mundane guild; the ability to craft scratches the achiever in me, the ability to "leave a legacy" with a mastercraft where the attempt to leave a mark on the landscape it's self is almost impossible from a single character.

Rangers would be my second go-to mundane guild.  Too versatile, too swiss army knife.

I've never played a successful "sneaky" type.  My thieving ability seems to be restricted to fleecing someone during trade, beating them over the head with a club and taking their stuff or sticking an arrow in their back and looting their body.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Warrior is the only guild where you can earnestly tell someone to GET SOME without being overly worried about being stomped because your combat abilities aren't rounded everywhere they need to be.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 10, 2015, 09:14:12 PM
Warrior is the only guild where you can earnestly tell someone to GET SOME without being overly worried about being stomped because your combat abilities aren't rounded everywhere they need to be.

Warrior is probably most fun for the sheer 'GET SOME' probability.

Pictured: Day 50 human warrior vs Day 100 half-giant ranger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXMBF_PCy8

My most successful PCs have all been rangers but I think the assassin skill set is my favourite.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on August 13, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
My most successful PCs have all been rangers but I think the assassin skill set is my favourite.

I love assassins, but the sad fact of the matter is that the only way to ever become combat-effective in anything approaching a timely manner is to go out and hunt dank mobs.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 13, 2015, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: Fathi on August 13, 2015, 06:55:30 PM

I love assassins, but the sad fact of the matter is that the only way to ever become combat-effective in anything approaching a timely manner is to go out and hunt dank mobs.

My problem with the stealth classes is that they generally die to other people who have ways to twink combat.  If you play a non-byn rogue...there really is precious little in terms of combat training aside from being a murdering psychopath.  I do, however, find their non-combat skillsets incredibly useful.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

August 13, 2015, 10:39:33 PM #33 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:41:23 PM by Revenant
Yeah, I think a lot of shit would be sorted if ranger, assassin and pickpocket STARTED with parry, and fuck you why doesn't pickpocket start with hide?!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnwU2iMRUqA

As far as I'm concerned, Tupac Shakur is a saint, of who? Well, he was likely a christian, but I'd group him with Emperor Norton because, Discordian. The illuminati put him down to shut him up. Either assassiin or ranger or you're playing a disposable pile of shit warrior.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on August 02, 2015, 08:52:11 PM
My favorite is merchant, hands down. Crafting, cavilish, riding, and having money, mastercrafts and swag.

For the same reasons why I picked merchant myself.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Revenant on August 13, 2015, 10:39:33 PM
Yeah, I think a lot of shit would be sorted if ranger, assassin and pickpocket STARTED with parry, and fuck you why doesn't pickpocket start with hide?!

Ha, pickpockets are incredibly underrated combat-wise.  They're actually the second most-powerful straight-melee class until about 15-20 days played unless you are a straight-up BOSS at powergaming the correct way.  Most people don't play them, though, because boo-hoo, can't figure out crime code.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 13, 2015, 11:47:37 PM

Ha, pickpockets are incredibly underrated combat-wise.  They're actually the second most-powerful straight-melee class until about 15-20 days played unless you are a straight-up BOSS at powergaming the correct way.  Most people don't play them, though, because boo-hoo, can't figure out crime code.

I'm guessing here, but I figure a lot of people don't want to just throw characters into the spiked pit of crime code until they find out what works.

Quote from: Alesan on August 14, 2015, 12:39:58 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on August 13, 2015, 11:47:37 PM

I'm guessing here, but I figure a lot of people don't want to just throw characters into the spiked pit of crime code until they find out what works.

It's not like people made characters just to figure it out.  Just, as I said...people are risk averse, nowadays.  I didn't make throwaway characters, I just took risks, and as a result, the knowledge came with it.  "Oh shit, that didn't go as planned.  Ah, not the end of the world, I got away."
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

August 14, 2015, 06:30:23 PM #39 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:33:20 PM by In Dreams
I'm deathly afraid of the crime code even if I've literally had zero encounters with it!

Just from reading these boards!

The narrowness of the guild options is one of the only things I don't really like on this game though. Of my 3 PCs, not a one of them has had much to do with their "guild", but almost everything to do with their subguild, and only one has ever gotten anywhere with her 'guild' skill set.

I'm not really attracted to crime, but one day I might try to play a down and dirty rinthi elf who'll commit various different types of petty crimes and make fun of soldiers openly in the Gaj. So basically a burglar.

September 21, 2015, 12:03:13 AM #41 Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:13:21 AM by Inks
I had an rinthi elf that openly made fun of everyone. He was a Byn Trooper and he was one of my faves. He also lit a smoke in front of soldiers and said "Fuck every cunt."

Ended up getting Gianted by a new AoD Private during a whipping scene..major bummer.

Fave class...probably assassin I love the fact that you can be dangerous without much grind, even though you will not hold up in melee combat for some time. In terms of utility and fun I love them.

I want to play a pickpocket who leaves things in people's inventories that confuse them. Like small statues, toys, or live snakes.

I once wanted to app a burglar/thief elf who whispered nonsense into peoples' ears from the shadows before slipping away, such as "I think you're pretty," and "I have my hand in your pants right now."

I don't enjoy the stealth grind though, so that kind of flopped. Also, getting rp during jailtime was like getting a wet towel thrown on my dreams.