Player Resurrections

Started by RogueGunslinger, June 10, 2015, 07:53:45 AM

Do you believe current staff policy on resurrections should be re assessed?

No.
41 (58.6%)
Yes.
24 (34.3%)
Other: Please Explain.
5 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

June 10, 2015, 07:21:21 PM #125 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:56:43 PM by Nergal
Edited out IC information.

If admins green-light it, I'll post the series of complaints / interactions I had with them after a period of one IRL year from that incident.

I sincerely doubt it'll be allowed, however.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Quote from: Asanadas on June 10, 2015, 07:20:09 PM
That's really crossing into IC information (been less than a year).  :-X

It's not really IC information, because the situation was never explained ICly. It was an OOC fuckup. It was just left out there for interpretation and nobody, even when asked, was willing to give a narrative for it.

It was explained to me in a myriad of ways, all which were negatives on the appeal to have it ret-conned.

If you're going to insist on it then yeah that's something I feel should come under resurrection policy. It's a reaction that was an abortion of in-universe expectation.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

June 10, 2015, 07:27:05 PM #129 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:01:09 PM by Nergal
Edited out IC information.

I once accidentally backstabbed an inix when I was trying to backstab a yompar lizard.

I once nearly died when someone tried to "shake me off their tail" (i.e. lose shadow) by launching themselves down the well in the 'rinth.  (I caught myself...they didn't.)

I got killed in sparring once because a noob typed 'kick <name>' instead of just 'kick,' (this was before the 'stop' command was implemented, as well), and I got knocked out just before his kick command went through...which apparently blew my head apart Gallagher-style.

I've planted spice on people at the gates of 'nak just for the lulz (sorry guys).

I'm pretty sure I've been shitmugged, but didn't die.

I've totes abused the crime-code while in the AoD to PK peeps.

I think all of those should (or should have) warrant a resurrection, honestly.

That being said, I have 0 resurrection requests in my recorded history.  I think I tried to get rezzed once when my first Elkrosian special-app walked into a death-trap room, a long, long time ago...no dice on that, though.  Learned my lesson.  HARDCORE MODE ONLY
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Reiloth's insistence that code quirks that kill players are valid seems legit. Must means code quirks players use to help themselves buff up are legit too. Anyone know the turaal spawn room? Trying to get master chopping weapons

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 10, 2015, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: Asanadas on June 10, 2015, 07:20:09 PM
That's really crossing into IC information (been less than a year).  :-X

It's not really IC information, because the situation was never explained ICly. It was an OOC fuckup. It was just left out there for interpretation and nobody, even when asked, was willing to give a narrative for it.

It actually is. You don't get to decide that something isn't IC information for some arbitrary reasons. What you described happened extremely recently and actually was explained by staff at the time (note that an explanation you don't like is still an explanation).

I am now locking this thread because I posted previously to ask people to avoid posting IC information and I found this request ignored.