There's a problem with money in the game

Started by Eyeball, May 29, 2015, 02:11:09 PM

Anyway, I made a silk thread here.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Armaddict on July 03, 2015, 12:03:27 AM
Quote from: Tetra on July 02, 2015, 11:50:27 PM
I personally find the whole "commoners shouldn't wear silk" concept to be a really superfluous taboo.

Zalanthan nobility are clearly superior in every way, shape and form to commoners.  Purely by their blood/breeding/family name.  99.9% of commoners knowingly agree with this on a very deep level, due to innumerable years of social conditioning.

Nobles are not noble because of the fabric they wear.  They are noble by virtue of existing.  If a highborn is genuinely offended by a commoner wearing silk, what that says to me is they are insecure of their own social standing.  Yet commoners can eat all sorts of fancy food or wear jewelry and that doesn't seem to matter as much.

I would be completely fine with it, if we didn't FLOOD THE MARKET WITH NICE SILK THINGS.
Nice armor is different.  There's the same 'tiers' of value, but the top tier isn't just -chock full- of items.  Clothing is.  Anyone wanting to wear normal clothes and have any sort of individuality without crossing the silk barrier is literally on a treasure hunt across the whole of Zalanthas.

There were some pretty neat bits of clothing in whatever that area was called in Tuluk, where the poor live.  I'd love to see more commoner's clothing.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago