Quote from: MeTekillot on April 18, 2015, 05:44:29 PM
CAPITALISM, HO!

sell sleeves
sell sleeves
sell sleeves
i think i posted in the wrong thread again
Either way it works.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 18, 2015, 02:15:41 PM
Everything in Tuluk always seemed to happen in homage or accordance to some tradition that I'd never heard of.

Murder your darlings.

I don't mean this in a mean way, but if you didn't feel endangered in Tuluk, your PC probably wasn't that "involved" or moving-and-shaking.  It can be easy to fly under the radar if you don't do things that catch notice.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

People tried (And did) involve my PC quite heavily and early and I found it vaguely annoying. Certainly not scary.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 18, 2015, 06:29:51 PM
People tried (And did) involve my PC quite heavily and early and I found it vaguely annoying. Certainly not scary.

How dare they involve you in plot.  Assholes.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Places in plots are something you earn, not something you should be given.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 18, 2015, 06:35:35 PM
Places in plots are something you earn, not something you should be given.
Especially when the plots are following people and sitting around doing nothing.
LOOKING AT YOU MILITARY!
Then again I guess i signed up for it.

I'm pretty sure I've only visited Tuluk three times in the two to three years I've been playing, and all ventures made were on the same character; one trip due to Byn activities, one trip due to the affairs of a PC group I had joined, and the last as a fugitive of Allanak.

Now, although surprisingly long-lived (depending on your personal definition) and technically my third, this character was the one I consider to be my first. Not knowing anything about Tuluk aided me greatly in roleplaying an oblivious hick from Allanak. I'll always remember the time I walked into the Sanctuary covered in blood and shit, wearing my brown aba, and being quietly pulled aside and asked to leave by His Faithful, with the ensuing bow closing the small and easily forgettable scene.

Tuluk provided an interesting dynamic for the game. So... while I keep dismissing it with some earnest amount of joy at the thought of a consolidated playerbase, the scene above is a fond memory of mine. It's simple, short, and always there... lingering. All of my characters have been from Allanak (every single one), and a reason I did that was to keep the city a constant mystery so I could genuinely be surprised by the encounters I had up there should one of my characters take to traveling.

I might miss Tuluk a lil bit, actually.                         
Whatever happens, happens.

it's too hard to get involved in plots in tuluk

being involved in plots is annoying

which is it people
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 18, 2015, 07:42:56 PM
it's too hard to get involved in plots in tuluk

being involved in plots is annoying

which is it people
Neither.
Because Tuluk won't exist soon.
-Ohhhhh-.
Though it really depends. I don't think I've ever complained about plots, maybe for magickers or something, because it seems 'easy' enough to go find someone I kind of know, be like "Yo lets do this" and what not.
Or I'll have a 'quest' I don't have to do stored away and I just won't do it because lazy.

At first I thought this was a stupid announcement and a stupid change.

However, now that there is proper IC reasons it's all happening and shit is about to get more real then a steel-spiked war argosy with titanium wheels pulled by two stone-plated battle mekillots ridden by black robe templars.

Let's get it fucking on.

It's too bad about Tuluk, but I guess that no-one wants to save them from the beast about to strike.

are you trying to invite me to a fucking plot you fucking scrub

I'm just saying, it seems like the midnight hour is close at hand for Tuluk.

Please reference the original post in terms of pointing fingers and going 'neener neener neener'.

Stay on topic, which is, discussing Tuluk closing without being an asshat.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

After reflection, I think that what I liked about Tuluk was not so much the location, but rather the diverse options for roles that existed there only, or if they did exist elsewhere, in a more limited form.

This has been mentioned before in this thread,  yet I want to mention it again.  There are soooo many cool things which are a part of Arm, which were specific to Tuluk.  One of these things was Dasari, and their emphasis on botany and Zalanthan Science.  Another was bards and the arts. A third was the style of Tuluki Templars.  I have always found Tuluki Templars Rp very compelling and FUN. Although some of the new Templars in Allanak are also very good, and.

I hope that these things will somehow continue to exist in Arm in a way that is playable, not just virtual.  I have been itching to play in Dasari since they were reopened. I urge staff to conserve these aspects of the game, which were FUN.  I have seen lots of new things happening in Allanak, and they are great! I hope we can see more, which will include some of the aspects mentioned in this post.

It may be premature or simply impossible to say OOC, yet I wonder if staff can say if some of these things I have mentioned will be found in greater measure in the southlands, in the coming time?  Although I am reluctant to see Tuluk go, if staff feel that it will increase FUN for all, then I trust and support the decision, for what that is worth anyway.

And for the record, my respect and kudos to some of the great players  of Tuluki Templars, Nobles (especially a certain florid portly fellow) and their entourage I have had the pleasure of playing with in the recent past.

Cheers
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

What about Lyksae? I've seen some pretty awesome ones, and I've always wanted to try and at least interact with more of them. Kudos to the Lyksae PCs!
I ruin immershunz.

Mmm. Lyksae's...... Yum. Vegas wedding people!! Err I mean, Luir's wedding people!!
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Quote from: Norcal on April 19, 2015, 05:20:51 AM
After reflection, I think that what I liked about Tuluk was not so much the location, but rather the diverse options for roles that existed there only, or if they did exist elsewhere, in a more limited form.

This has been mentioned before in this thread,  yet I want to mention it again.  There are soooo many cool things which are a part of Arm, which were specific to Tuluk.  One of these things was Dasari, and their emphasis on botany and Zalanthan Science.  Another was bards and the arts. A third was the style of Tuluki Templars.  I have always found Tuluki Templars Rp very compelling and FUN. Although some of the new Templars in Allanak are also very good, and.

I hope that these things will somehow continue to exist in Arm in a way that is playable, not just virtual.  I have been itching to play in Dasari since they were reopened. I urge staff to conserve these aspects of the game, which were FUN.  I have seen lots of new things happening in Allanak, and they are great! I hope we can see more, which will include some of the aspects mentioned in this post.

It may be premature or simply impossible to say OOC, yet I wonder if staff can say if some of these things I have mentioned will be found in greater measure in the southlands, in the coming time?  Although I am reluctant to see Tuluk go, if staff feel that it will increase FUN for all, then I trust and support the decision, for what that is worth anyway.

And for the record, my respect and kudos to some of the great players  of Tuluki Templars, Nobles (especially a certain florid portly fellow) and their entourage I have had the pleasure of playing with in the recent past.

Cheers
I would highly suggest you send such players kudos when you have the chance - calling them out on the forums tends to get overlooked or just missed. ;)

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I just want to say I applaud the staff on this difficult decision.  Closing Tuluk couldn't have been easy, but they're doing it for the right reason.  Often you see games make decisions like this in reaction player numbers, but that is purely reactionary.  In this case the staff recognized that the game can't really from a staffing side support this much scope and frankly I think I couldn't agree more, as hard as it is. 

Didn't want that City State anyway.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I want to post my opinions on the plot as it stands at the moment -- what I think is good and what I think is not as good -- but it would be full of spoilers.   ???