Tuluk Closing to PC play -- discussion thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 13, 2015, 01:18:17 PM

In the 'rinth no one wants to dance :( Where do I get my epic bard battles now?

In the warrens you would have fights like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4isr_qLMmXA

But in the 'rinth all the fights are like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_DvIPwQF4
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Don't be ridiculous.

Those guys are each wielding only one dagger.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on May 22, 2015, 01:48:02 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

Those guys are each wielding only one dagger.

I was actually noting that a free hand in a knife fight might be exceptionally more helpful than in most forms of combat.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Wow...how did I never see that movie before?

breaking 1984

That was beautiful.

I would have played my Warren characters so differently.

Olafson you should also watch Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Superb motivation for Warrens and Circle Bard characters!

Quote from: Bushranger on May 22, 2015, 02:38:14 PM

I hold the hope that those displaced Circle Bards end up in the rinth, transforming middleside into a true artistic haven of dance.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on May 22, 2015, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: Bushranger on May 22, 2015, 02:38:14 PM

I hold the hope that those displaced Circle Bards end up in the rinth, transforming middleside into a true artistic haven of dance.

Olafson, nauta and I should form a family of 'rinthi bards based out of the Mantis! viva la bards!

Wow, I have been away for a long time now and seeing this was quite a shock.  :o
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on July 29, 2015, 04:31:34 AM
Wow, I have been away for a long time now and seeing this was quite a shock.  :o

I just noticed this today due to the producer report post that mentioned it. 

I'm probably one of the few that really disliked Tuluk altogether, both as a player and as a concept.  Everyone has their opinions, and sure, I had some good times there (shout out to undertuluk), but I'm glad staff made this change.  With players likely congregating more in Allanak I may start playing more often again.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Quote from: Orin on August 05, 2015, 07:01:38 PM
I'm probably one of the few that really disliked Tuluk altogether, both as a player and as a concept.  Everyone has their opinions, and sure, I had some good times there (shout out to undertuluk), but I'm glad staff made this change.  With players likely congregating more in Allanak I may start playing more often again.

I feel exactly the same way, and this news was what brought me back too!

(I'm a little concerned by all the 'new' Allanak noble Houses opening.. In my opinion, Tor, Borsail, Oash and Fale are enough as far as playable Houses go, keep the others(Sath, Kasix and Jal) as virtual so Templars can choose them but we don't see a couple Jal PC's arguing over sewer pipe junctions or something. What we need are multiple Noble PC's in each Major House so we can get some in-fighting and Noble-conflict oriented plots going that can get commoner PC's wrapped up in the action, not 1 player in House Nobodyhasheardofthisbefore and another in House Thisneverexistedbutpretendthatitdid worrying over RP'ing the family docs they're trying to help write rather than  keep active with the Allanaki playerbase and the rich Noble House history that already exists..)
But maybe that's just me.

Quote from: Vox on August 08, 2015, 04:56:56 PM
Quote from: Orin on August 05, 2015, 07:01:38 PM

I feel exactly the same way, and this news was what brought me back too!

(I'm a little concerned by all the 'new' Allanak noble Houses opening.. In my opinion, Tor, Borsail, Oash and Fale are enough as far as playable Houses go, keep the others(Sath, Kasix and Jal) as virtual so Templars can choose them but we don't see a couple Jal PC's arguing over sewer pipe junctions or something. What we need are multiple Noble PC's in each Major House so we can get some in-fighting and Noble-conflict oriented plots going that can get commoner PC's wrapped up in the action, not 1 player in House Nobodyhasheardofthisbefore and another in House Thisneverexistedbutpretendthatitdid worrying over RP'ing the family docs they're trying to help write rather than  keep active with the Allanaki playerbase and the rich Noble House history that already exists..)
But maybe that's just me.

It's definitely just you. There aren't any new noble houses in Allanak. I haven't heard any rumors, seen any hint of one in-game, read any announcements by staff, or anything else.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

There are no new Noble houses open for play at this time in Allanak. What there is more of is 1-2 Nobles in each open Noble House, and plenty of politicking.  So I'm not sure where this notion of "all the new Noble Houses" comes from. It is currently Borsail, Oash, Fale, and Tor.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Ah, sorry should've been more clear.

I mean in reference to what happened in Tuluk, in regards to new Noble houses popping up.

Consider me in favour of what's happening currently while noting a concern for the future.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

Original post should've said 'concerned ABOUT.." Rather than "by".  But I'm posting from my phone so for some reason I can't edit it.

No new houses popped up in Tuluk. There was, at one point, a role call for both House Kassigarh and House Lyksae, both of which had been open as recent as 2010 before that.

I am still to date, disappointed with the closure of Tuluk. I had never made a southern based character prior to its closure, and had no desire to. For me, it was like Armageddon was closed for play, because that was my Armageddon.

Now that I've been forced to play in south, the only way I can suitably channel my hate of being made to is to play villains.
God help you all.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on August 08, 2015, 08:50:22 PM
I am still to date, disappointed with the closure of Tuluk. I had never made a southern based character prior to its closure, and had no desire to. For me, it was like Armageddon was closed for play, because that was my Armageddon.

Now that I've been forced to play in south, the only way I can suitably channel my hate of being made to is to play villains.
God help you all.

This town aint big 'nuff for the two of us, Mushi.... I'm gonna have ta out-villain you.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Mordiggian on August 08, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
No new houses popped up in Tuluk. There was, at one point, a role call for both House Kassigarh and House Lyksae, both of which had been open as recent as 2010 before that.

Right, but these were, by definition 'new' as Tuluk's 'Noble' structure as well as physical structure were being created and expanded.
Again, just my opinion, but the current state of affairs with the need of Tuluk being closed can, and should, be traced back to its 'expansion'. Which is why I raise the concern here, now that some consolidation has occurred here is an opportunity to capitalise on that consolidation rather than 'expand' . But if that's not an issue, consider it a mute point.

Fleshing out things that already exist (like Red Storm, the rooftop 3D project, and the 'rinth)  are truly exciting and make the game feel suddenly fresh again. Even the new banking code, while we need to consider it retroactive, changes a dynamic and makes players hunk of something they've taken for granted all these years in a new way without, for example, introducing a new form of currency suddenly as though it always existed.

I'm unreservedly pro-Allanak and have always been, both because it feels more 'Armageddon' than Tuluk ever has and because it has a relatable political structure that's easy to jump into and play three-dimensional characters without continually fussing over ever-changing documentation. So it definitely feels vindicating to see Tuluk virtualised, and I'm hopeful that when it reopens the same issues can be avoided. Understanding those issues are the only way to avoid them, and again, why I mention my concern here.

But make no mistake, I'm very happily playing the game right now, and in extremely excited by the direction this recent update seems to indicate. So KUDOS!

August 08, 2015, 11:06:28 PM #718 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:09:53 PM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: Malifaxis on August 08, 2015, 09:31:00 PM
Quote from: musashi on August 08, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

God help you all.

This town aint big 'nuff for the two of us, Mushi.... I'm gonna have ta out-villain you.

You either die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become the hero.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Coming back from a year absence, looking at the forums and finding this is a definitely a heart break. Two of my top three characters played were Tuluki and I've always favored it over the other cultures. There was always something about the subtle mischievous nature of Tuluk. Though I'm even more sad I didn't get to play in Tuluk once last time near the end.

Though it sounds as things are as good as always even with the lack of Tuluk. On to see what this game is up to after so long.
QuoteYou are neither hungry nor thirsty.
You are totally plastered.

I miss Tuluk still...  :-\

Might come back soon.
Death is only the beginning...

To quote the quote that Armaddict quoted elsewhere ,

QuoteIf you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

Woah, yall closed Tuluk?

Fear not, Tulukis, for you live on in many worlds and your Sun King is not dead.  Whenever I play Civilization, I usually create a custom civ and name it Tuluk and the leader is Muk Utep.  And they conquer the fucking world, crushing everyone else under the might of their nuclear weapons and tanks, and shit.   But, I also make the Allanaki Empire a lot too, I guess, I have love for both cities.

When I played Lord of the Rings Online, my character was named Tektolnes.  When I played Eve Online, I played Mukutep (they wouldn't let me make it with two names at the time).  So yeah, I'm actually known online as both "Tek" and "Muk".  It's kinda weird when I think about it.

I am curious though, did Flint/Clint survive the closing?  He is the one true sorcerer-king, in case you didn't know.