Do you ever dream?

Started by AdamBlue, April 07, 2015, 12:54:22 PM

Have you had dreams about your character, the game, or something from it?

Yes, I have had vivid dreams of the game as seen from my characters eyes.
13 (50%)
I had a dream I was playing, and all of it was in text.
9 (34.6%)
I had a dream about the character, but not the game.
1 (3.8%)
I may of had some kind of dream about it, but I don't remember.
3 (11.5%)
Dreaming about videogames? That's wierd, yo.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Ever have a dream about ARM?

I recently had a dream my character fell into a volcano with an argosy, and the heat was so intense it was constantly tearing apart my health until I saw the cackling mantis head and woke up, nearly having a heart attack.

I've only dreamed while on my first character, and they were always about fighting and dying in holes, or clan-mates quitting over something or other. Usually accurate enough that I could give them to the character himself.

I only dreamt about losing my character for some reason, perhaps it's the fear that I will lose them in real life (non-dream, in this case).
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I typically dream that my character does something stupid and gets killed.

Then I wake up and they are still alive.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

A lot of my dreams seamlessly alternate between the two.  I'll be playing along as a character and then die and have to make a new character, or be knocked out of my immersion by dream distractions and struggle to get back on, or something.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

What's HAAPR?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Jeax is under the impression the staff is giving us dreams with something called a HAARP machine.
High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.
It's a thing the military has.

Over the years, the number of arm dreams are uncountable.  They're also usually my favorites.

Sometimes it's in text, sometimes it's real, sometimes it's like it's...just a reference.  A pointer to armageddon, but it's own real world in itself.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Had one last night in fact. Vivid first person that shifted into third person behind the keyboard back and forth repeatedly.  :)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I made my own kingdom in a dream once.
It was in the west, apparently I was some weird death god and destroyed every elf tribe and their mother and made my own sect of templars.
Was fun.
Then everything exploded due to terrorism.

I had a very vivid dream, but I wasn't my pc. I was me. So, I didn't vote.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Apparently, everyone dreams every night.

I hardly ever remember dreaming upon waking up, I can count on a hand the amount of dreams I remember through my entire life, and three are recurring dreams I had as a kid.

One of the others is mine. You can't have it.

The other was a few years ago, when I was jobless, and spent a LOT of time playing Arm. 8+ hours a day. So it was a pretty vivid dream of scrolling text and thought commands. Not...like......Think thought commands, but thought commands, like you know....think commands.

Mind typing.

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I can't remember what the dreams were about, but I remember at least one was all in text, and another was half-text, halfway standing on Caravan Way video-game style.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

This isn't necessarily true. Not everyone dreams every night. In order to dream you must enter at least REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement) stage or deeper. Not everyone enters REM sleep every night.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Barzalene on April 07, 2015, 08:35:20 PM
I had a very vivid dream, but I wasn't my pc. I was me. So, I didn't vote.

But the dream took place in Zalanthas.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

April 07, 2015, 10:40:58 PM #16 Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:50:27 AM by Kol
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on April 07, 2015, 10:19:47 PM
This isn't necessarily true. Not everyone dreams every night. In order to dream you must enter at least REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement) stage or deeper. Not everyone enters REM sleep every night.

There is no deeper stage of sleep than REM. REM consist of about 25% of your sleeping, recurring every 90ish minutes.

Sleep goes in cycles, and despite our differences, we are still all the same species. We all eat, we all drink, we all expel waste, and we all Most of us dream, every night. Hell, every two hour nap.

The reason you remember dreams more as a kid is because of all the unaswered questions they raise, unlikely/impossible things that happen in them. Less as an adult because we tend to rationalize things we see, and are pretty secure in our lives. Dreams help the mind make sense of everything that's happened since your last one.

A staff member sends:

Again this isn't always necessarily true. We do not all reach REM sleep every night. People that have sleep apnia have a lot of difficulties reaching REM sleep. I have troubles reaching REM sleep because of my sleep apnia. I was tested a couple of different times for a night and both times I failed to reach REM sleep.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I sit corrected.

A staff member sends:

I remember reading somewhere that lighter sleepers tend to remember their dreams more as well.  This would fit my anecdotal experience.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I often have Arm dreams.  Sometimes they switch back and forth between text and being the PC itself. 

The only one I remember clearly to this day is an incredibly vivid dream of my old half-breed ranger walking on a narrow ledge, and messing up a keystroke to send her tumbling to her doom. I woke up rather sad that my long lived character had died like that, and only after logging in did I realize she was actually still alive.

I GUESS YOU WERE A LITTLE... DELIRIOUS

BAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHHHHH,TRTR
Whatever happens, happens.