Did you play at age <18?

Started by Harmless, April 04, 2015, 05:57:49 AM

Did you play Armageddon MUD for a significant amount of time when you were under the age of 18?

Yes, I started below that age.
No, I started playing after I was 18 or older.

I discovered this thing called role play when I was 29. I'm 37 now.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Started playing in grade 9 so that'll be... holy shit I've been playing this game for 20 years!?   I regret nothing...  8)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

mid-20's
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

I THINK I may have made a character when I was 17, when I was just discovering MUDs. I know I tried everything in the TopMudSites top ten. Different account, didn't bother to learn the lore. Didn't make a second character. I had never roleplayed before MUDs, so my characters were likely terrible special snowflakes. So, nothing different, really.

19. I'm 25 now.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

17. Turning 32 this month.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Was MUDDing since I was 13 or so, and started Arm when I was.... Summer 2001.... 16? Because a guy I had a crush on played it, LOL. I ended up sticking around long after he quit though. 30 now, so off and on for about 14 years. More off than on, especially these last 5.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

April 19, 2015, 05:20:02 PM #33 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:21:51 PM by IAmJacksOpinion
Probably about 15 or 16 for me.

The overwhelming response seems to be most people were < 18. I wonder how much of this was due to internet trends. When I got big into Arm it was around 2005 when WoW was getting popular, but I lived in the middle of the country with a 56k modem, so WoW wasn't really an option for me. MUDs it was! In retrospect, I'm totally happy with that because now I understand nuances of roleplay that most of that crowd doesn't. Even more traditional free form roleplaying games like d20's. I recently got into Pathfinder Society and tables frequently yell at me for not trying to roll for assistance during diplomacy checks, and for insisting that my character is illiterate even though the rules say I am not. "I'm not helping you guys, I'm literally just hanging back quietly. And no, I can't actually read.

Armageddon > WoW for aspiring young nerds, so no please don't slap a ban on it (as if anyone would actually obey it.)

Edit to add: Woops, didn't see the poll. I guess it's not the "overwhelming majority", or even the simple majority. Still, a lot of youngsters there.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Started in April of 2010 when I was... 17? Yeah, that sounds about right. Right after my birthday, so I had just turned seventeen.

It got me through highschool like a proper nerd...
;-; without any friends ;-;

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I think it was 16 or 17 for me, even though I said "over 18" on the poll.  Don't ask why.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

27 come april 29th.. started September last year

Though I've been roleplaying across the internet since I was about.. 15, 16

I started MUDding when I was about 11 or 12.