One Thing You Would Tell a New Player

Started by Semper, March 12, 2015, 04:34:03 PM

Always haggle with PC's. I'll like you more.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Jihelu on March 12, 2015, 07:29:46 PM
The giant turtles aren't your friends.

:D

...neither is much of anything else....

My advice?  
Find a mentor who likes teaching newbs to play the game.

Leave the city gates.   Run the Narrows.  Hunt the exotic critters.  Explore the World for all it has to offer.  Die Loudly.  Then, once you've got that out of your system, play a zalanthan that only does those things if and when they should.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on March 13, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
Leave the city gates.   Run the Narrows.  Hunt the exotic critters.  Explore the World for all it has to offer.  Die Loudly.  Then, once you've got that out of your system, play a zalanthan that only does those things if and when they should.

After you tell your newbie that, I'll sneak in to tell him "That never gets out of your system."

Quote from: whitt on March 13, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
I like to consider that a warriors death.
A dumb ones.
But a fun ones.

Quote from: Armaddict on March 12, 2015, 04:40:05 PM
Be nice on the boards as best you can.  Be mean in the game as best you can.

Man, Armaddict, I want to agree with this one so hard, but I actually have account notes for being mean to "an obviously new player".
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Don't worry about gear, money, they mean little.

Instead worry about RP and interaction...they mean everything.

And another, The scene is more important then the outcome.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job