Dwelves

Started by deathkamon, February 19, 2015, 01:14:55 AM

You know what kind of came to my mind when I thought of breeds? Dwelves. A cross between dwarves and elves. We already have two different crosses between humans and elves (half-elves) and with humans and dwarves (muls). I'm thinking that maybe someone from some slave company may have thought about this idea once or twice. If it isn't possible to make dwelves at all, then is it like genetically impossible to make a dwarf and elf make a dwelvish baby?

Why would they? Muls are already the perfect mix of dwarvish strength and human pliability. A "dwelf" would probably harbor odd psychological quirks on account of the elven psyche, and would possibly be sickly and weak compared to a mul due to an elf's lesser constitution.

Or conversely, a six-foot-tall self-centered psychopath who wants all your shit

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 19, 2015, 01:21:54 AM

most PCs?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

We have Dwelves. We just call them Humans.

There was actually a dark sun book based on a dwelf, and said it was actually superior to muls but almost impossible to breed.  I brought this up like...twelve years ago, and got much the same reaction.  ;D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Why stop here? Why not Half-gith? Gelves? Dwith?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

What about humans/mantis. I'd play that race.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 19, 2015, 07:27:22 AM
What about humans/mantis. I'd play that race.

I see your human/mantis and raise you halfing/mantis! The ultimate chef, able to slice ocotillo, dice scrab and saute mekillot steaks at the same time!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I guess that for such a concept, all you need to do is find a mantis egg and uh, 'fertilise' it.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 19, 2015, 01:21:54 AM

Red Fangs could re-open!
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Aren't they dead as a tribe due to IC events?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on February 19, 2015, 12:40:54 PM

According to the docs, yes. I call retcon on that though. I mean - their encampment, and everyone in it, was utterly and completely destroyed. I get that. What I don't get, was that it isn't possible that a few individual RFs weren't home that day. VNPCs out raiding and gathering and hunting and whatever else RFs did when they weren't home.

Honestly though, what it boils down to, it wasn't and still isn't believable that every single RF in the entire Known World was home the day of the destruction, and that none of them were capable of returning home, finding it wasn't there, and slinking off to spend the rest of their days living under the proverbial radar, having babies, and continuing their tribe somewhere else - albeit in a different way, with new rules, maybe they didn't shave their teeth down so as not to be so easy to pinpoint.

The staff clarified any ambiguity at one point, when it -was- ambiguous, and determined that yes, they were all destroyed in that incident. I just personally don't find it believable and wish that they'd soften that somewhat to allow for a possibility of a resurgence.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yes.  Same as Silt Winds, which were mentioned in another thread.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 19, 2015, 01:45:19 PM

According to the docs, yes. I call retcon on that though. I mean - their encampment, and everyone in it, was utterly and completely destroyed. I get that. What I don't get, was that it isn't possible that a few individual RFs weren't home that day. VNPCs out raiding and gathering and hunting and whatever else RFs did when they weren't home.

Honestly though, what it boils down to, it wasn't and still isn't believable that every single RF in the entire Known World was home the day of the destruction, and that none of them were capable of returning home, finding it wasn't there, and slinking off to spend the rest of their days living under the proverbial radar, having babies, and continuing their tribe somewhere else - albeit in a different way, with new rules, maybe they didn't shave their teeth down so as not to be so easy to pinpoint.

The staff clarified any ambiguity at one point, when it -was- ambiguous, and determined that yes, they were all destroyed in that incident. I just personally don't find it believable and wish that they'd soften that somewhat to allow for a possibility of a resurgence.

They did slink off. They were also killed at the place they slunk off to, as well.  RWA ain't nothin' to fuck with.

I'd much rather see a better tribe brought to life or a closed tribe reopened than see the Red Fangs return in any recognizable capacity.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I've always been surprised that the Blackwing tribe wasn't open.  It seems like a tribe that's ripe with opportunity given they have an outpost.

Quote from: Nyr on February 19, 2015, 02:01:12 PM
They did slink off. They were also killed at the place they slunk off to, as well.  RWA ain't nothin' to fuck with.

What's RWA?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

EWA would've worked better. Elves Wit Attitude

(sun) Runners With Attitude
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

NWA works just fine actually. Necker Wit Attitudes

Quote from: Nyr on February 19, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

I'd much rather see a better tribe brought to life or a closed tribe reopened than see the Red Fangs return in any recognizable capacity.

Well then Nyr, by all means - looking forward to RPing with a better tribe brought to life, whoever they end up being. Or go ahead and reopen a closed one. At this point, I don't think you'll find too many people will be picky about which. Players (not including myself, since I don't count) have been begging, asking, pleading, and whining about it for a few years now.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Why do we need more d-elf tribes when we haven't even got one c-elf tribe.

Why not both?

Quote from: wizturbo on February 19, 2015, 02:25:54 PM
I've always been surprised that the Blackwing tribe wasn't open.  It seems like a tribe that's ripe with opportunity given they have an outpost.

Agreed.

Quote from: Delirium on February 19, 2015, 04:04:11 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on February 19, 2015, 02:25:54 PM

Agreed.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 19, 2015, 03:51:43 PM
Consolidation?

People aren't going to play a role they don't want to play just because you took away other options. The experiences of playing a delf and a celf are so vastly different there is very little overlap.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

That's mostly because everything about being a d-elf is awesome why everything about being a c-elf sucks balls.

Currently they are dead as a tribe, but magick.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA