Bolted Doors

Started by Armaddict, February 18, 2015, 06:14:27 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 20, 2015, 01:36:08 AM
Bump keys. Torsion bars to go with those picks,  

Halfgiants/dwarfs or exceptional strengthed humans bashing doors.

Something to jam doorways/blockades.

Something to pry off barricades or pry open jammed blockades.

Booby traps to put on barricades. that make bashing them extremely dangerous.

Trip-lines.

Swinging booby-traps that go off when entering an outside room.

Constructable blockage-objects made by rangers/burglars that prevent travel in that direction, until someone attacks it and breaks it apart.

Traps that fall from above when a line is tripped.

Just... For the love of god... no more holes in the ground.

+ door spikes.

He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

February 20, 2015, 10:12:55 AM #26 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:23:08 AM by Desertman
I like it.

Right now being a burglar amounts to this.

Get lock pick
Contact Man
You are unable to find their mind.

(Good, they aren't online.)
Pick Lock
Steal Everything
Leave

If you could bolt your door from the inside to indicate you are home it would make burglars actually have to put some effort into being burglars instead of just using The Way to confirm they are good to go.

They would have to wait until you weren't home to steal your stuff. Not wait until you aren't online to steal your stuff.

Having played someone that could pick every lock I found in the game that was codedly pick-able, I have to say that it was ridiculously easy to the point of absurdity. I got to where I wouldn't even steal anything and I would just look around, see what was up, and leave. It was akin in a lot of ways to pickpocketing people you knew were link dead or attacking someone you knew was AFK. It was just stupid easy.

Anyone who brags they played a successful burglar would probably also brag that they could beat up a blind deaf toddler. It is that stupidly easy on every level.

Edited to Add:

I'm absolutely down with being able to bash doors down so long as it auto-crims you every time. I think someone else brought that up in another thread. Love that idea.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.