Would you quit playing Armageddon if you fell in love?

Started by Molten Heart, February 05, 2015, 08:20:20 PM

If you met someone on staff and fell in love and the only way to be with them were to quit playing, would you do it?

Only if they're hot
Only for Nyr or Talia
No way! They can quit staff to be with me.
Screw that! Love does not exist
Yes
No, We are're strong and can keep IC information out of our relationship.
No - I would do anything for love - but I won't do that.
I chose "Screw that, love doesn't exist" because it seemed like the non-serious, opt out answer.

Real answer: No, because who cares? There's enough OOC chatting going on (undoubtedly even some between staff and players) that I really don't think it would matter, in the scheme of things, if they talked and let a few things slip here and there. Anything shy of giving them the full on Halaster treatment, it's probably business as usual.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

>put Only for Nyr or Talia, because after Talia chews me up and spits me out(assuming she's true to her word) At least I'll have her number to call her and be like, 'Hey look, can you just wake someone up and tell them to look at the applications? I wanna play, and any amount of waiting more than precisely the fifteen minutes it took to wake you up at three in the morning is too much for me to not be playing. You're gonna listen to my screams of horror? Oh, alright. Yea. Long as you hit the 'approve' button first.'

February 10, 2015, 12:57:18 PM #28 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:59:06 PM by IAmJacksOpinion
Quote from: MeTekillot on February 09, 2015, 12:01:39 AM
What's the Halaster treatment?

Halaster was a former imm who gained a bad rep in some circles for building things for his PC and his minions that would frankly shock and baffle you these days. This was in the 05-08 "fuggit, we're starting from scratch" period where pretty much anything went because they were planning to reboot the MUD anyways. So if you wanted to build an impenetrable evil volcano lair, and a machine gun that shot insta-mage-gib bullets, and then just give it to yourself IG, you could totally do that. And Halaster did. (I'm being a bit facetious, but only a bit.)

On one hand I don't really miss crazy shenanigans like that, but on the other... I kind of miss the sort of insanity that occurred back then. Maybe it's selective memory, but there was sooo much interesting stuff going on, even if you were getting PKilled be demigods every 2 weeks.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on February 10, 2015, 12:57:18 PM
there was sooo much interesting stuff going on, even if you were getting PKilled be demigods every 2 weeks.

I lol'd. So true.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."